Video Chat Issues?

lilpeter

Question

10 answers to this question

I'm asking the developer to look at this, seems like it isn't properly joining the room when we only have a "lobby".  So for now (and I added red instructions to the top of the page)... when you get there, click "Room List" and choose "Main Chatroom" and you should be good.   

I found that I had to turn off my browser option that blocks all third-party cookies.

Then, after you enter chat, you should next see a window with the room-join choices.

(. . . But some sort of bug can make you lose the room again.)

Also, to have my cam work, I must not disable the microphone.  You can set the volume low or muted, but it must not be disabled.

Ted.

I think it's broke again! Have been in a couple of times recently, no-one there, no history, also, I do not appear on the user list, cam on public or private, everything I can do to be compliant but to no avail.

Didn't think it needed too much fixing, but perhaps it now does.

If the issues are with the developer and language difficulties, could not one of our members familiar are fluent, possibly a native speaker, assist Alan and the rest of the admin team?

On 3/12/2021 at 2:07 PM, JTT said:

I'm asking the developer to look at this, seems like it isn't properly joining the room when we only have a "lobby".  So for now (and I added red instructions to the top of the page)... when you get there, click "Room List" and choose "Main Chatroom" and you should be good.   

it does that in chrome but not edge in my experience, i'd suggest try edge.

On 3/10/2021 at 5:58 AM, Ted. said:

I found that I had to turn off my browser option that blocks all third-party cookies.

Then, after you enter chat, you should next see a window with the room-join choices.

(. . . But some sort of bug can make you lose the room again.)

Also, to have my cam work, I must not disable the microphone.  You can set the volume low or muted, but it must not be disabled.

Ted.

in my experience you donot have to do any of that in edge, just chrome. cam works with or without microphone disabled too.