Changing your neg view of your dick

Tris

For those feeling badly (insecure, inadequate, in any way unhappy) about their dick size, despite "knowing" that it would be good to accept their size and themselves - there are specific things you can try to help yourself accept yourself and your your dick size.  Make up your own personal statement, like: "I have a great dick. There are bigger dicks and smaller dicks out there. Mine has given me pleasure all my life, and others too. I've fathered kids with it. It's healthy. It's got advantages. It's mine and I appreciate it." Know your statement by heart, whether your statement is shorter or longer, and say it to yourself so often that it's part of you. It will begin to affect you more and more, and will become truer and truer for you. And as for partners? The best is someone who accepts all of you. Someone who- even if they would like a big dick - is entirely capable of relegating that preference to "unimportant" compared to fun, skillful, deliberate sex (and love, if that's part of it).  You find yourself with a partner who doesn't do that? Know that this is about them, not about you, and move on in confidence. (Repeating to yourself: "That's about them, not me." - And then your personal statement again!). Try this for a few years and let me know how you're doing!

That's actually a fair statement. Beliefs and habits of thought patterns take time and intention to deconstruct because of how well they're worn into our psyche and neural pathways. Buti will say that I hope people check in more than every few years,  as good people can help the process. 

Every morning stand naked in front of the mirror and make positive affirmations....
I walk by a wall mirror just outside the bathroom, keep getting surprised at the size (on a warm day) I see reflected and remind myself, looks OK and it works fine.
At 66 I would rather have a 5" hardon that works, than a 7" that doesn't (2 friends).

I have always loved and enjoyed my penis just as it is. All the guys I've been with never complained. When I met my wife I was worried that she might not like my size. She didn't say anything other than it was perfect for her. In our 43 years of marriage she never says anything and our sex life was just perfect .I kept her totally satisfied with the penis I have till her disease took it all away. It is what it is and we are totally devoted to each other. My size as never got in the way

6 hours ago, Morty said:

I kept her totally satisfied with the penis I have till her disease took it all away. It is what it is and we are totally devoted to each other.

Too many uncontrollable things happen in life. That is why we need to marry the person and not the genitals.

I do this and have done it for years. It’s why it’s not such a big deal anymore. 

But is it cure. Nope. I still feel insecure about the size and unhappy with the girth and embarrassed. But I challenge all those feelings daily and go nude on beaches and in locker rooms etc. It’s not something you can change so you have to accept it and love it as you can. 

I do love my little guy. 

But it will ALWAYS suck. 

Edited by Storm11

Yesterday I had my last medical evaluation appointment in the (endless) windup to (hopefully) getting a penile implant to provide a workaround for my severe ED.

I am now waiting for notice of a day/time to go to the clinic and begin the final preparation(s).

Things can still go south, the financial arrangements could break down, my health could crap out, the country could fall apart, an asteroid could hit the Earth, etc., etc.

But you just have to press on regardless. What choice do you have?

I had the opportunity to let my urologist know what my final ‘wish list’ is and I reiterated to him that I wanted a no-frills semi rigid malleable type. He reminded me that this would marry me to what is essentially a permanent erection, as well as the fact that I was virtually certain to be looking at anywhere between a 10 and 30 percent loss in erect length due to penile atrophy during the years of severe ED that I’ve undergone.

i replied: “Doc... You’ve seen my dick. Do you actually think that anyone will even NOTICE that I’ve got a perma-boner?”

He laughed in a good-natured way, closed his clipboard box, smiled and replied: “Mr. ****, you’re going to do just fine.”

’Less’ may not actually ever be ‘More’... but when it’s all you’ve got you have no choice but to suck it up and make the best of it.

And if any woman ever asks me “Is it IN yet?” I’m going to reply, “Hell babe, I’m already DONE!”

23 hours ago, Bobs yer Uncle said:

’Less’ may not actually ever be ‘More’... but when it’s all you’ve got you have no choice but to suck it up and make the best of it.

And if any woman ever asks me “Is it IN yet?” I’m going to reply, “Hell babe, I’m already DONE!”

Like the old joke goes:

"Who you gonna please with that little thing?"

"Me!"

I got several comments through the years saying I looked like I had a little boy penis. Not so much because of the size but because I had a thin, youthful looking body and I've been smooth for many years. So I got the idea to "decorate" things by getting some piercings and tattoos. Here's a before and after picture.

https://imgur.com/B7Q2K0l

19 hours ago, Restoredude said:

I got several comments through the years saying I looked like I had a little boy penis. Not so much because of the size but because I had a thin, youthful looking body and I've been smooth for many years. So I got the idea to "decorate" things by getting some piercings and tattoos. Here's a before and after picture.

https://imgur.com/B7Q2K0l

Bet that tat hurt like hell. I wanna tattoo my erect length on my hand and my wife won't let me. I want people to ask "what does '4.75"' mean?". That would turn me on so much.

Without doubt, what helped me to be more accepting of my size is my wife.  From the first time she saw it, she really fell in love with my penis and made me feel real good about it, too.  Does that mean I don't wish it were bigger?  No.  But I know it isn't going to change.  I have what I have and my wife absolutely worships it.  And if it is good enough for her, it is definitely good enough for me.  It just doesn't get any better than that.

2 hours ago, Tsoren said:

Without doubt, what helped me to be more accepting of my size is my wife.  From the first time she saw it, she really fell in love with my penis and made me feel real good about it, too.  Does that mean I don't wish it were bigger?  No.  But I know it isn't going to change.  I have what I have and my wife absolutely worships it.  And if it is good enough for her, it is definitely good enough for me.  It just doesn't get any better than that.

I've never had that sort of acceptance of my dick.  Overall as a person, maybe.

So does acceptance come from reassurance of others or is it internal.  First one has to accept, then that builds self-esteem and confidence.

ie:  I had a drinking problem for 20 years, my friends all knew bit I DIDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM.
When I accepted I had the problem, it was solved quickly.
I had to accept, I had to see the problem, my friends insistence was irrelevant and didn't help solve the problem.  Their constant harping MADE me drink LOL

• 4 weeks later...

I have really learned to accept being small.

When I was younger I was so embarrassed and ashamed of it that I missed out on a lot.

I've learned to enjoy being small and have flipped it to be a stimulation by having a reveal of my small cock to women in different situations and adapting to other means of sexual stimulation with toys, fingers and fisting

I've also embraced a submissive side comparing sizes with bigger men and enjoying that which is a flip of my job where in the boss and have power. I really enjoy being a smaller sub worshipping bigger alphas

Repeating something to myself over and over never worked for me as I had to truly believe something and not convince myself of it.

I was fortunate in that I was aware of my sexuality and my genitals for several years before reaching puberty. I really loved my genitals as they were as a boy so if someone (later in life) told me that I had the genitals of a boy I would have taken it as a compliment.

20 hours ago, NuderThanNude said:

Repeating something to myself over and over never worked for me as I had to truly believe something and not convince myself of it.

What about repeating over and over the "rational" to dispense with the irrational gained from society, peer pressure or instinct?  Yeah, I know you dismiss most instinctual stuff, but my question still applies to "social" and "peer" pressure in your framework, I think.

Interesting that you so easily determine "what you believe" through reason and have little conflict thereafter?  (or claim so?)  That doesn't comport with my experience.

Edited by Guest

On 4/1/2021 at 4:26 PM, Tsoren said:

Uh, but you are "way large."  Guys significantly below average most likely never have that experience.  So, I guess your point is if you aren't large enough to be admired for your penis, you are condemned to inferiority?

1 hour ago, wayless said:

What about repeating over and over the "rational" to dispense with the irrational gained from society, peer pressure or instinct? 

There is a big difference between being convinced of something by rational thought vs repeating 'words' over and over to myself. If I have a;;owed myself to be convinced that 'the sky is red', repeating to myself that the 'sky is blue' over and over won't change my actual belief. However, if presented with a rational argument and proof that 'the sky is blue' I can now change my belief.

59 minutes ago, NuderThanNude said:

There is a big difference between being convinced of something by rational thought vs repeating 'words' over and over to myself. If I have a;;owed myself to be convinced that 'the sky is red', repeating to myself that the 'sky is blue' over and over won't change my actual belief. However, if presented with a rational argument and proof that 'the sky is blue' I can now change my belief.

Yes, of course, but do you have to repeat rational things?

On 4/26/2021 at 1:42 AM, wayless said:

I guess your point is if you aren't large enough to be admired for your penis, you are condemned to inferiority

?????

I didn't think it was possible to so totally misconstrue something.  

First of all, I was not trying to make a point with my post.  I was merely speaking, in a light-hearted manner, about a PERSONAL experience.  I was not and will not try to say that how I react to what I have experienced is how everyone should react.  

Secondly, if I were trying to make a point, it certainly would not be that you need to or should be admired for your penis.  Large or small.  Far from it.  Luckily I have not been associated with people whose admiration for another is based on the size of their penis, or breasts, or...   I can't imagine how shallow that person must be.  They certainly wouldn't be someone I would want to associate with.  

And as far as being condemned to inferiority, I have found that there is only once person who can do that to you.  And it is not someone else.  

While I have a penis, it does not represent who I am, what I believe, what I stand for, what I have done in my life, or what I still hope to accomplish.  The same for my nose, my ears, my hands, etc.  I have them, but they do not define me.  And most importantly, nor will I let them.  

2 hours ago, Tsoren said:

?????

I didn't think it was possible to so totally misconstrue something.  

Oh!  Thought you were bragging about your big dick, I guess.

Edited by Guest