Psychologist, psychiatrist or therapists and dick size

I have talked with my therapist about my issues around my size, especially when I retract in and look like I have a large clit.  I talked how I feel like less of a man, how I don't feel desired and a host of other things.  She (yes my therapist is a woman) has help me to see things differently about myself yet express the feelings and grief I have about size.  We had been making decent headway until COVID and I have not seen her for over a year.  Been struggling more and more as of late.

I went to a therapist about my long delayed virginity.  He asked once if I thought penis size worries were part of my problem.  I lied and said no. 

He asked if I thought I had any homosexual tendencies.  I lied and said no.  Guess I wasn't ready for therapy.  I was about 22.

Edited by Guest

My wife and I went to a marriage counselor years back. When he asked what our issues were I said, "We seldom have sex". When we had individual counseling, my wife said he asked her if size was and issue and she said "no". She said she was too embarrassed to tell him how small I am.

On 4/17/2021 at 8:30 AM, SloStroker said:

My wife and I went to a marriage counselor years back. When he asked what our issues were I said, "We seldom have sex". When we had individual counseling, my wife said he asked her if size was and issue and she said "no". She said she was too embarrassed to tell him how small I am.

This brought back memories. During the first year of our marriage, my wife and I went to a marriage counselor. I won't go into the details, but it revolved around infidelity on my part. An aggravating factor was that one episode involved my wife's best girlfriend. (She was such a good friend she felt compelled to run blabbing to my wife as soon as possible.) It was immature and totally stupid on my part. I tried to worm out of going, but she made it clear if we didn't go, she was going. . . and not to the therapist. 

Now our problems had nothing to do with sex, at least in the direct sense. However, for some reason he kept circling back to sex. He was obviously a Freudian. When I had a moment of self-realization (and perhaps self-SPH), I confessed to issues regarding having a small dick. I think he musta felt like he'd won the lottery! The hunky football player type had a teeny wienie! I thought he'd start waterboarding any second. 

For the next few minutes he started to zero in on my size issues. I was certain he was gonna expand that to her size issues. However, it was short-lived on his part, for my wife shut down that whole area of exploration. She said we had no trouble with our sex life (she lied beautifully) and lets get back to the problem we came to discuss. 

Anyways, we only had that one session. I'd learned my lesson and realized what an ass I'd been. It's utterly insane to place in jeopardy the thing and person you value most in the world. If those thoughts weren't enough, just the memory of that session was enough to keep me on the straight and narrow.

There were four interesting points involved:

(1) My wife and I hadn't discussed size at all up until then, at least not in any meaningful sense, so it probably was a double whammy for us both. We've only started talking about that in the last couple years. It's really opened up our sex life. Wonder what it woulda been like if we'd let that psychologist get his kicks! 

(2) He'd come recommended by a guy at work. He and his wife went to him once a week for group therapy. They claimed it saved their marriage. I could understand why the good doctor felt like he'd hit the jackpot with us. My friend and his wife are very nice people, but I can't imagine them ever having sex. They must have adopted the two kids, or else he had a wet dream and she sat in it. Sorting out their problems with the laundry or car maintenance musta been downright boring. 

(3) Afterwards I couldn't help but wonder if he had a big cock. I was sure he had a huge one. Would he have recommended personal therapy for my wife? A sort of personal and in-depth intervention on his part?

(4) My wife wouldn't have been too embarrassed to tell him how small I was. It never got around to that. I did! 

Edited by TinyJock

3 hours ago, TinyJock said:

My wife wouldn't have been too embarrassed to tell him how small I was. It never got around to that. I did! 

My wife wouldn't be embarrassed now. But back then we'd only been married about 7 years. It wasn't until we'd been married about 10 years that she finally told me she wished I had a bigger cock. She regularly gives me SPH now and has told her friends and co-workers how small my package is. She knows I love it when people know I have a small dick. 

3 hours ago, TinyJock said:

An aggravating factor was that one episode involved my wife's best girlfriend. (She was such a good friend she felt compelled to run blabbing to my wife as soon as possible.) 

You seem immune to normal consequences!  I wonder what you wife's "worst" girlfriend is like?

17 hours ago, wayless said:

You seem immune to normal consequences!  I wonder what you wife's "worst" girlfriend is like?

It's been a long time. I was never sure what she told my wife. 

By way of explanation, I was very immature at the time. Probably still am! My wife and I had gone through a tumultuous relationship as "best friends" for five years before throwing in the towel and getting married. It's a long story, but she had put the moves on me first. I didn't reciprocate because I was living with someone else at the time. Reciprocate is too kind of a term. I left her standing with egg on her face. 

When I broke off with the other girl, I ran into her (while dating another girl). I asked this other girl who she was. I couldn't take my eyes off her. (I'm pretty sure I pissed this other girl off by my interest! BTW I'm still friends with her!) Anyways, we started dating. . . but I never got to first base. No matter how hard I tried. Well, to be precise, I was too proud to really try that openly, afraid of being rejected, as I was sure she would. A vicious cycle was set in place. At midnight she'd leave me at the door (or send me on my way). Looking back, I took my frustrations out on her. . .  and her revenge on me. Let's say it was an extremely up-and-down, rollercoaster relationship. I wasn't used to being turned down, and neither was she.

We had our stormy encounters. Once I didn't talk to her for six months. One night we had it out. I finally let down my guard and told her how I felt. She quietly said, "Have you ever told me that?" Well, after five years making ourselves and everything around us miserable, we finally decided to get married. Even then, I got in a huff over something, and it took her (other) best friend Dick to come over one night to my place and telling me I was a total jerk, that we obviously loved each other, we'd regret this for the rest of our lives, go back and apologize, and get on with it.*

I suppose these "infidelities" were really just reflexive reactions my previous emotional mess. After that, however, I put the past behind me (where else?) and it's gotten better with each passing day. I thank Dick every day for putting me right.*

* A side note about Dick (with a capital letter): As I said, Dick's her other "best friend." They love doing things together. He's a feeaking genius in certain areas, like science, art and classical music. ("Let's ask Dick!" Grrr!) In fact, he stayed in our guest house during the Covid scare. Dick's admittedly in love with her and, in a platonic way, she with him. When we were going together, she really rubbed salt in the wound by mentioning she'd gotten it on with him once. She claimed he "wasn't that bad" and had a "big dick". (Grrr! He would!) Oh, well, she married me! Eat your heart out, Big Dick! :P:dancingman:

Edited by TinyJock

On 4/16/2021 at 2:00 PM, pokerpro831 said:

The title sucks but basically I am wondering if anyone has discussed penis size with a professional during a session or series of sessions.

Not in general but your particular mentality when it comes to your smallness.

I may be starting therapy soon for depression, part of which is related to my smallish member.

It's something I've done on two separate occasions. The first didn't go well at all as the therapist didn't want to engage with the subject and as a result didn't show any real understanding of the specific problems I was talking about. She sort of translated it into something else and I never went back a second time.

The other occasion was a lot better although by then I'd got a better understanding of a lot of other issues and had talked about them in detail first. It was a number of sessions in before I brought up that subject and I got a much better response. It was very difficult to come out and say it though as I was concerned that bringing up the topic of my penis and the way I felt about it might undo all the work we'd done in previous meetings. But it didn't and she could see why it was important for me to do it.

Really it's a difficult one - it's directly related to your state of mind and worth bringing up for that reason but theres also a real chance of it not going well if you do. For me I'd say I had to bring it up and don't regret doing, but the first time was a waste of time and money. It's always possible I'll go to a therapist again at some point and if I do it's definitely a subject I'd return to at some stage in the process as I haven't fully resolved all the mental issues I've got in relation to it although I have moved on in a lot of ways.

Anyway I hope that perspective is of some use and good luck with it.

Edited by Nimmo

• 1 month later...

Hello! I’m new here. I have thought about starting to see my counselor and sharing with him about it. I’m not the smallest, but I definitely am not as big as I would like to be. It has affected my life in many ways... just lack of self confidence, as well as still being single. 

My Advice : if you feel it’s an issue see a therapist. If You do see a therapist though, be open and honest. Otherwise you are just wasting our money and yours and Their time. It can be extremely productive and helpful, but only iF you are open and honest about what is happening and what you are struggling with. There is no point otherwise. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2021 at 4:54 PM, Petite said:

For those of you who have done it, exactly how has talking to a therapist helped you?

For me, it was a process of trying to accept myself.  Much of the work was trying to find myself to understand my penis does not define who I am, it is just a part of me.  It helped me reshape some of my thoughts and feelings, not only about myself but what "I" perceived my partner felt about me.  Since she also worked with my wife individually and as a couple, we were able to find things I was feeling, not to be true but how I perceived things.  Since I could talk to my therapist openly about how I felt, I could get honest feedback that are not tied into an emotional relationship.  Outside perspective can shed light differently than within a couple's relationship.

Therapy might not be for everyone.  For me, having that outside perspective with someone who can break down my feelings and help me understand and change my thinking of myself, helped a lot.  It did not "cure" my issues but gave me the tools to help me move forward.  I had a few other people help with that too and today am much better about how I feel about myself.  Sure I wish I had a larger penis (though erect I am average, flaccid is where my real issue is) but I have gotten to the point of "if I am not having sex with you, the size of my penis doesn't matter".  It has been a better mindset to have.

I have only had a very small amount of counseling.  I was having a very stressful work period for a while and my wife suggested it might help.   I thought my behavior was normal but my friends and family watched me reacting in very unusual ways to relatively normal situations.  

We first talked a bit about me and the obvious work stress.   Then we got into the other stuff.  We talked a bit about my marriage and sex came up.  Im not sure when or how but on about my 3rd session or so, I admitted that while I now know it isn’t true, I spent many years wondering if the sexual activity I had as a child stunted my penis growth.   Obviously it didn’t.  But my theory in my teens and maybe even some of my twenties was like the old smoking myth.   If you grew up in the bad news bears era with me, you will remember Kelly Leak (I think his name is Jackie Earle Haley or something), and it was plausible. Anyway we brushed the stunted growth myth away quickly.  And we did discuss, very briefly, my size.   But he was very eager to hear what I glossed over as an early sexual relationship.  I didn’t go long - I didn’t think it was helping.  But we spent most of the next few weeks discussing my experience and how it affects me even now.

• 3 weeks later...

I am working on a masters in social work and right now am interning at an alternative school/high school completion school, for 16-28 year olds.  During my initial assessment I ask questions about their alcohol and drug use, living situation, suicidality, and physical health. I also ask questions about their family, including any partners and babies they might have.  Often times they get into talking about their sex life or lack thereof, and divulge information about their inability to get hard, painful erections, small size and all that.  We end up discussing it at length, but really all I was concerned with was their behavior and habits… but the fact they trust me with that information makes me feel good.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had counselling for anxiety and depression.  I never brought up the fact that I have a very tiny penis.  My therapist is a woman so I don’t know how she would react.  I have been told I am a good looking man, so I don’t know how being small has effected me.

I have been to nude swims and I have had women flirt with me.  I guess like most I am obsessed with my penis.

I have posted self pics so you can see for yourself or contact me.

Your therapist is there to help you. 1) Don't discuss it, because you think it's hot to talk about. That's a waste of your therapy time. 2) Do discuss it if you think it has an impact on your overall mental health and well being. But don't chat about it, just because it runs a zingy little thrill through your little guy. Then it's yucky. 

• 10 months later...

Yes, I have talked to a therapist about my small dick size, but more in the context about all my unresolved pent up anger at getting bullied about it for so long.   One therapist told me that the bullying has sort of affected my thinking the way cults affect the thinking of new members.  Those thoughts stay with you and you have to actively work to normalize your thoughts.