"My Attachments"

IndyBanker1946

Question

1 answer to this question

First, at the right end of the "My Attachments" display you will find a small icon and the title of a post.  If the icon looks like this, Post.JPG, the attachment appears in a forum post.  If the icon looks like this, Message.JPG, the attachment appears in a Private Message.  If you click on the icon, you will be taken to the post or PM where the attachment is located.

If you are still within the Edit time period for the post or PM, you can use the "Edit" function to remove the attachment.  If the attachment is in a PM and the other participant in that PM has removed himself so that you're the only participant remaining, you can remove yourself from the PM and all of the contents of that PM thread should be removed from the system.  In that situation, you're the only one who can see the attachment even while it remains in the PM.

I know of no other situation in which you can remove an attachment.

Be aware that only you (and the three site administrators) can see your "My Attachments" list.  Individual attachments can only be seen by those who have access to the message to which an attachment is attached.

Alan G -- Measurection Administrator