Another Low Priority - Member's Status?

Question

In the forums, whenever we post, on the left we see the User's Name and the avatar.  Between those two items is one of a set of presumably-automatically-generated words such as "Journeyman" or "Enthusiast" or "Member" etc.  So - what are the parameters?

And, while I'm (sort of) on the subject, what about those green "plus signed" numbers under the avatar?  If I remember correctly, they're some sort of "engagement" or "community participation" points or something similar - is the Journeyman/Enthusiast/etc label associated?

This is probably all in some "new member orientation" post that I read when I joined ten years ago but, well, I've slept since then.

Thanks!

The automatically generated words are the member's "Rank" which is based on the number of posts made by the user.  Here's the list of Ranks:

Silent Friend - 0
First Post - 1
Newbie - 2
Member - 10
Active Newbie - 25
Advanced Member - 30
Journeyman - 50
Member - 100
Enthusiast - 200
Addict - 400
Old-Hand - 700
Veteran - 1200
Carpal Tunnel - 1600
Postmaster General - 2500
Wise Old Poster - 5000
Granddaddy Poster - 7500
Holy Cow I Post A Lot - 10000
Post Master and Commander - 15000
If I had a nickel for every post - 20000
I own this database! - 30000

Once you reach 500 posts, you can customize your Rank to any arbitrary word or phrase.

The number that follows the green Plus Sign is the member's "Reputation" which I think is based on "Likes" clicked on the member's posts.

Alan G -- Measurection Administrator

Earned before Jun 2021

• Rookie

Rookie

Earned before Jun 2021

• Apprentice

Apprentice

Earned before Jun 2021

• Explorer

Explorer

Earned before Jun 2021

• Contributor

Contributor

Earned before Jun 2021

• Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Earned before Jun 2021

• Collaborator

Collaborator

Earned before Jun 2021

• Community Regular

Community Regular

Earned before Jun 2021

• Rising Star

Rising Star

Earned before Jun 2021

• Proficient

Proficient

Earned before Jun 2021

• Experienced

Experienced

Earned before Jun 2021

• Mentor

Mentor

Earned before Jun 2021

• Veteran

Veteran

Earned before Jun 2021

• Grand Master

Grand Master

Earned before Jun 2021

On 5/27/2021 at 12:17 AM, RodEnuf said:

The automatically generated words are the member's "Rank" which is based on the number of posts made by the user.  Here's the list of Ranks:

Silent Friend - 0
First ....

That's pretty clear.  Except... by "the number of posts made by the user" do you mean the number of topics or discussions initiated by the user?  If that's the case, then maybe Canuck's and my numbers would better match the "ranking."  Regardless - love the names!  But note that 10 posts and 100 posts have he same "rank."  Anyway, thanks for the explanation!

Now.... back to my browsing....

It appears that it genuinely is all posts.  That includes a New Topic post, a reply post, a Gallery post, and i think even a Private Message post or reply.

I totally missed the duplication of titles at 10 posts and at 100 posts.  I'd be happy to have anyone's suggestions for revising the title for either of those levels.  Just post your suggestion as a reply in this thread.

On 5/29/2021 at 11:02 PM, RodEnuf said:

I totally missed the duplication of titles at 10 posts and at 100 posts.  I'd be happy to have anyone's suggestions for revising the title for either of those levels.  Just post your suggestion as a reply in this thread.

I wonder if our original list had member at 10 since Advanced Member came after that - but the new software maybe had member at 100 already and somehow they merged together. 

1 hour ago, JTT said:

I wonder if our original list had member at 10 since Advanced Member came after that - but the new software maybe had member at 100 already and somehow they merged together. 

They merged like the two space probes in "The Changeling" (Star Trek: The Original Series, Season 2) :)

On 6/16/2021 at 8:41 AM, smallgrower said:

So I noticed that my member status still shows Newbie but clearly I have more post and should be Member, based on the list.

Any ideas why this is not updating?

So are there any admins who watch this area, who can address my question?  With 114+ posts, I would really like to not be listed as a Newbie.

Sorry, I missed your original question, @smallgrower.  The answer is that SOS Subscribers can set their own status and it doesn't have to be one that's on the list above.  Apparently, if you're an SOS Subscriber, the system simply stops automatically updating your Rank.

If you're an SOS Subscriber, as @smallgrower is, just go to your Profile Edit page and type what you want into the Rank field.  Then scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Save button.

3 hours ago, RodEnuf said:

Sorry, I missed your original question, @smallgrower.  The answer is that SOS Subscribers can set their own status and it doesn't have to be one that's on the list above.  Apparently, if you're an SOS Subscriber, the system simply stops automatically updating your Rank.

If you're an SOS Subscriber, as @smallgrower is, just go to your Profile Edit page and type what you want into the Rank field.  Then scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Save button.

At least from my phone, when I edit my profile, Rank is not a listed option and hence, unable to edit.

4 hours ago, smallgrower said:

At least from my phone, when I edit my profile, Rank is not a listed option and hence, unable to edit.

Oops.  on the Profile Edit page it's called Member Title.  Don't know why the same field has different names on different pages.

11 hours ago, RodEnuf said:

Oops.  on the Profile Edit page it's called Member Title.  Don't know why the same field has different names on different pages.

Hi Alan,

I am not seeing anything called Member Title or Rank or anything that allows me to edit the Newbie title.  I looked for all of that prior to posting the question.  I have looked now from my phone and computer and when I click edit Profile, I get my name info, social media sites, a description type field and size info.  There is nothing else I can edit from that.

2 hours ago, canuck45 said:

When you click on Menu bars (where the green 2 is on my account), then Account, then Profile, there is a small pencil next to your pic, that is the edit tool for all the fields.
I didn't see it at first.

Screenshot_20210623-112900_Chrome.jpg

Yes, I got that part and when I click to edit, I can edit a bunch of things in my profile BUT nothing in it regarding Rank or Member Title.  I am very tech savvy and typically can figure my way around a site and options but I have not found any place I can edit this setting, in any menu option location.