Hot summer day

I postpone my daily walk (4-5 miles) until late afternoon and select routes with as much shade as possible. I wear the lightest-weight T-shirt and shorts I own, along with my floppy, broad-brimmed canvas beach hat. If the weather is still too oppressive at that time, I settle for a vigorous workout on my Exercycle in my very comfortable house. My body can handle cold weather far more easily than it can the hot, humid stuff.

Here in Texas it is best to move as quickly as possible from air conditioned space to air conditioned space. When I go out to walk I try to start at 6:30-7am and get it done by 8. When I mow I do it as early as possible, usually starting by 9:30. It is more humid then, but the heat is not as oppressive. Oh, and drink lots of water...

I'm usually up by 5:30.  Have a light breakfast, take a quick dip in the pool, then head out to the golf course for 18 holes.  Usually back by 9:30.  By that time it is usually about 95 degrees by then.  Take another dip in the pool and head inside.  Always hoping the wife has something fun in mind.  Sometimes she does.  Afterwards it means another dip in the pool to cool down again.  After that it is lots of reading and genealogy, while we wait for Happy Hour.  

On 7/8/2021 at 8:31 PM, Straitdic said:

What do you do on a hot summer day?  Anything to help cool off, right? 
Comment below 

Had a break in the heat and humidity today, which made for comfortable lawn mowing (with my Greenworks Pro cordless-electric mower), other yard work, and a pleasant afternoon walk—for a total of 11 miles of walking.

On 7/9/2021 at 2:31 AM, Guest said:

What do you do on a hot summer day?  Anything to help cool off, right? 

Got up 6:00 am , have my shorts and my t-shirt and my running shoes on. Plug my earpbuds and start to run in my yard. I usually run approxx 2.8 miles in every day. By this time I am sweating so takeing a shower then make breakfast. I have no air conditioner in my house so I am in my underwear all day. I use to take cold showers during the day to avoid boiling :D . When nights fall I open the windows and try to cool down the house. I sleep with opened windows. Thats all I can do.