User Name Appears Automatically

Question

Lately, my user name has been appearing automatically when I sign in.

Appears to be caused my Measure some how.  How can I turn this off?

I don't need other people who use my computer knowing my sign in here.

Edited by Guest

10 answers to this question

I believe that's something the browser does. You may have the settings in the browser set up to remember the user name for the site (sometimes they offer this and one okays it without realising). The browser in my phone now suggests the user name if I try to connect from there. On my laptop, I usually open this website on an incognito window so there's not traces if others use it.

15 hours ago, lean said:

I believe that's something the browser does. You may have the settings in the browser set up to remember the user name for the site (sometimes they offer this and one okays it without realizing). The browser in my phone now suggests the user name if I try to connect from there. On my laptop, I usually open this website on an incognito window so there's not traces if others use it.

I always use ingognito so I thought it should never happen.  Now it happens in incognito.  Don't like if someone used my computer, went to this site and would know which posts were mine.  I think it might be related to a recent Chrome update.  Sessions with your psychiatrist should be private.  BTW:  There is a microsoft log which keeps a record of all site visits including ingognito.  Fairly easy to use commands to get to it.  You can google it.

Edited by Guest

Oops! Hmmm... check the Chrome settings and see what's saved there.

7 hours ago, wayless said:

BTW:  There is a microsoft log which keeps a record of all site visits including ingognito.  Fairly easy to use commands to get to it.  You can google it.

Nothing is really secret. If one uses a work laptop, the employer can check the sites visited via the incognito function. :-(

But the good thing at least is that if somebody uses your (personal or work) laptop at least those sites or user ids don't come up. Hence it's worrisome that it does in your case 

When I log in here using the latest version of Firefox on my Mac desktop (Catalina OS), I always uncheck "Remember Me" in the login window. Don't know if I'm answering your question, but I'm giving it the old college try.

29 minutes ago, Vinnig said:

When I log in here using the latest version of Firefox on my Mac desktop (Catalina OS), I always uncheck "Remember Me" in the login window. Don't know if I'm answering your question, but I'm giving it the old college try.

Yeah, me too, that what I can't understand.

18 hours ago, Vinnig said:

Have you cleared all cookies, history, and cache?

Yeah, finally cleared all that and everything fine.  Don't really know what happened.  I checked "remember me" and the problem did not return.  I have no idea what the problem might have been!

Edited by Guest

On 7/20/2021 at 1:33 PM, lean said:

Oops! Hmmm... check the Chrome settings and see what's saved there.

Nothing is really secret. If one uses a work laptop, the employer can check the sites visited via the incognito function. :-(

But the good thing at least is that if somebody uses your (personal or work) laptop at least those sites or user ids don't come up. Hence it's worrisome that it does in your case 

Yes, seems like it was a malfunction.  Yes, I didn't like that anyone who goes to measure on my computer would know immediately the name under which I was posting!

Edited by Guest

Ha ha!  Found out your url history and be searched in Windows 10 and if all the ones of concern are deleted, the problem disappears.  Used that method in regard to a different site.  Seems forgetting "incognito" just once causes this problem to happen.