Learning About Size

How did you first learn or realize that size was a "thing"? Similarly, how did you first realize - or maybe just begin to realize - where you fell on that spectrum?

For me, as a young kid, I only knew that adults had bigger ones than kids, just from seeing my dad, the locker room at the pool, etc. I never really noticed a big difference between them - it seemed like all adults just had big hairy ones. I'd see my friends' sometimes, and while I knew that some were a bit bigger than others, it always seemed like a very minor and insignificant difference and I didn't really think much of it.

One of the first things I remember noticing was the diagram of a penis that we were given when we took Sex Ed in 5th Grade. I remember thinking that they made the penis way too big in the diagram - it was hanging straight down, covering most of the scrotum. Of course, mine was always just a button sticking out and would never hang like that. The funny part is that I remember truly thinking that the diagram was wrong - it honestly hadn't occurred to me yet that maybe the diagram was accurate and mine was just a lot smaller. Part of that is probably because every year, I was always one of the tallest kids in class, and I just naturally assumed that everything would stay in proportion.

I finally started to understand a year or two later. We found an educational book about going through puberty in the school library called "Am I Normal?", which we all thought was hilarious. They mentioned in the book that the average erect penis for an adult is 6" (I know recent studies have it a bit shorter but it was an older book). I remember being absolutely stunned by that - there was no way that could be correct! I would look at the 6" line on a ruler and think about how ridiculously big that was. I started peeking at the urinals and noticed that a lot of the other boys were quite a bit bigger. I was a late bloomer, though, so I decided that once puberty really hit, I'd catch up and get my "adult dick". I remember waiting and waiting for that to happen, hoping that one day I'd wake up and BAM, I'd have a big adult one. I clung to that hope for a while, even as I got hairier and my balls dropped. Then one day, I saw myself hard in the mirror, and seeing it from that angle, I noticed for the first time that my dick was clearly thicker than it had been when I was younger. All at once, it sort of hit me - it had grown to its adult size without me even noticing, and it wasn't going to get any bigger!

It was kind of depressing at the time, but it was also kind of liberating, because I'd been spending so much time worried about it. As funny as it sounds, in a way, it was nice to just be like "Oh - I guess I have a small dick. OK."

I stopped growing at age 12, I didn't think of size at that age. It wasn't until my twenties when women talked about guys they had sex with, and would describe their cocks in great detail, which I loved hearing about, but also made it clear I was on the smaller size. Of course at that age I felt very insecure about that,  but the insecurity resolved itself with time. 

I can't ever remember a time when "bigger is better" wasn't a thing. I have a brother 12 years older and of course my dad. I remember them joking about guys having "small Peters". I also remember my dad making jokes while watching basketball games saying, "I bet that guy has a dick as long as my arm". 

I never saw my brother naked and he was out of the house by the time I was 6 years old. I saw my dad's limp dick once when I was about 7yo. I remember it looking funny to me as he was uncut and I am cut. 

I hit puberty earlier than most of my friends. When I was about 10yo I started getting longer and thicker and getting some hair. By the time I was 11yo I was ejaculating. My friends and I used to skinny dip in the creek and they all told me my dick was "huge" and I believed them until I was about 15yo and heard the "6 inches is average" thing. Mine wasn't even 5 inches. Then I saw a few friends and teammates in locker room and they were as big limp as I was hard. That's when I knew mine was small and I basically kept it hidden from the world as much as I could until my mid 30's when I got into SPH and started to enjoy showing off my small cock.

On 10/6/2021 at 1:44 PM, avgjoe913 said:

The funny part is that I remember truly thinking that the diagram was wrong - it honestly hadn't occurred to me yet that maybe the diagram was accurate and mine was just a lot smaller. Part of that is probably because every year, I was always one of the tallest kids in class, and I just naturally assumed that everything would stay in proportion.

@avgjoe913 hey dude, I can totally relate to what your describing. I remember my freshman sex education class and looking at the textbook diagrams and remember reading the average adult penis was 6”. Looking on a ruler, I  recall thinking about how large that seemed. It never dawned on me that I was just smaller lol… I too matured faster and had hair, chest, pubes, pits, face (shaving)alot  sooner than my friends. I will was teased a lot in the middle school locker rooms. High school too,  I remember our PE coach, he was maybe 2.0” flaccid,  he would change and get naked in front of us guys just to prove it was normal to be naked in front of other guys , you know all the insecure guys  who were afraid to strip down after swim class etc… it’s funny how reading these posts make you think about things you have not remembered for years. 

Edited by Guest
Put quoted text into standard quote box.

I became aware of the differences in the sizes of penises when I first started masturbating with another boy my age. This was just before we turned eleven. I had not seen very penises at all up until that time. I certainly had never seen another penis erect.  His erection was considerably longer and thicker than mine was even at that age. His testicles were also much larger than mine. Mine barely showed at all. He often commented on how small mine was compared to his. I accepted it because I really liked looking at his penis when we masturbated together. I would even ask him if he wanted to masturbate with me just so I could look at his. It did not take him long to pick up on my interest in his penis, lol. He also started puberty much, much earlier than I did, which amazed me as we continued our relationship.

Guest handle2538

Growing up I had only seen my dad and brother's cocks...both very similar to mine.  Small, average cut dicks.   I hadn't even thought about size or differences until starting to play sport in middle school, probably age 11-12.     One year, around that time, we started taking showers after hockey practice.  Most guys were discrete and covered themselves (with towels) but a couple guys walked around very proud and they were BIG and floppy.  I was shocked.

5 minutes ago, handle2538 said:

Growing up I had only seen my dad and brother's cocks...both very similar to mine.  Small, average cut dicks.   I hadn't even thought about size or differences until starting to play sport in middle school, probably age 11-12.     One year, around that time, we started taking showers after hockey practice.  Most guys were discrete and covered themselves (with towels) but a couple guys walked around very proud and they were BIG and floppy.  I was shocked.

@handle2538 similar story to yours , the dudes in my swim class would try to cover with by putting underwear on quickly under their towels. Mostly the younger guys would do this. I was never the type to walk around proudly but I would not try to hide myself either. 

Edited by Guest

Guest handle2538
12 minutes ago, St8joey97 said:

@handle2538 similar story to yours , the dudes in my swim class would try to cover with by putting underwear on quickly under their towels. Mostly the younger guys would do this. I was never the type to walk around proudly but I would not try to hide myself either. 

I would try to be discrete too, but there were times when you couldn't.   And all dudes were checking each other out, sizing each other up.  A friend say, sarcastically "nice dick" to me...that's 100% when I realized my size

1 minute ago, handle2538 said:

I would try to be discrete too, but there were times when you couldn't.   And all dudes were checking each other out, sizing each other up.  A friend say, sarcastically "nice dick" to me...that's 100% when I realized my size

@handle2538 I know exactly what you mean about being discrete, it’s difficult quite often, totally  dude, they would say the same thing to me or say something similar like  “what’s up smalls” in a sarcastic tone, that’s when I knew about my size. This was in high school

I went to Scout camp when I was probably 12 or 13 and on the second day the scoutmaster told us we HAD to take showers every day because he wasn't going to have stinky BO in his camp. He took us to the showers which were big open gang showers, made us all get naked, and told us "Have a good look. You guys are all growing and changing and some have developed more than others...but you all have the same equipment. Now that you've all gotten a good look...go take a shower...use soap...wash all your parts."

I remember being super embarrassed, but once everyone was naked and we all looked....it was fine the rest of the week.

I also went to scout camp. Your scoutmaster handled the shower situation perfectly in my opinion. 

For me, at 15 years old, I shared a tent with a 12 year old. I was very small and still had not started puberty. The other boy, had a lot of public hair and a soft penis that must have been 5-6 inches. I got so jealous. 

5 hours ago, gtownvinnie said:

I also went to scout camp. Your scoutmaster handled the shower situation perfectly in my opinion. 

For me, at 15 years old, I shared a tent with a 12 year old. I was very small and still had not started puberty. The other boy, had a lot of public hair and a soft penis that must have been 5-6 inches. I got so jealous. 

We had a guy in our troop we started calling the "Short Tailed Monkey". He was the shortest little runt in the troop, but his limp cock hung down half way to his knee. He had the biggest cock of all of us...much bigger limp that mine was hard. It's always the shot guys who surprise you. lol!

I took showers with my dad growing up and he was huge. Hanging down it was the size of my arm. I always assumed my would eventually be the same. When I went to sixth grade, we were required to take a shower after gym class. We had open showers so you saw everyone naked. Some of the guys already had some pubic hair and their dicks were bigger than mine, but none nearly as big as my dad's. I had just turned 11 and still had a hairless nub. Being inquisitive, I asked my dad when he started to grow and get "hair down there". He explained puberty and said I didn't need to worry about my size. The summer after eight grade, I just turned 14 and started getting some random pubic hairs. I was so excited, I asked my dad how long it would take until I was as big as him. He told me guys have different sized penises and mine probably wouldn't be as large as his but it was perfectly normal. :(

• 9 months later...

My older brother brought it to my attention around age 11 that my penis was virtually nonexistent because it was always turtling.   He mentioned the fact my younger brother was bigger than me and that sort of caught my attention that something was wrong. I, of course, turned to the internet and started looking at other guys more in the locker room or changing room. What I saw confirmed I have been left behind big time.   I had the hair, and had more chest hair than many friends, just no dick.   Then I got outed and the bullying really drove it home.  My dick size, or lack of size, was what permeated my every thought for a long time,

The first time i remember thinking about my size was at 12 when my best friend told me "I hope youve got at least 13cm" (his exact words). Dont remember the context of the conversation but that part has always stuck with me. At the time i still didnt start puberty and was nowhere near that size, but since he was an early bloomer i guess he assumed everyone was like that. I suppose that since i always had that in the back of my head it helped me with accepting my size as ive had a lot of time to realise mine wasnt that size and never grew to that. Doesnt mean that i dont wish i hit that 13cm Mark tho lol, but i'm more used to it than some others which is always good 

Edited by JustGuy
Autocorrect changed a few words lol

@Wookieboy ... I am far from that experienced in the area of "riding"... but my mind has been working on all the ways possible.   I'm convinced if I put these into application, .. I could give you one hell of a ride.  And.. I think we'd Both enjoy it.!!..😊👍... I'm still learning about what you guys go through, and how things could be remedied for the better.  "Where there's a will there's a way"..!!!😁

Edited by Appreciater

On 10/14/2021 at 6:37 AM, SloStroker said:

We had a guy in our troop we started calling the "Short Tailed Monkey". He was the shortest little runt in the troop, but his limp cock hung down half way to his knee. He had the biggest cock of all of us...much bigger limp that mine was hard. It's always the shot guys who surprise you. lol!

Reminds me of a kid on our wrestling team. I think he wrestled the 98 or 105 lb class. Super cute petite little guy. Had a freaking huge thick uncut cock. At least 5 inches long flaccid and quite thick. It looked even bigger due to his diminutive body size. It really fascinated me as uncut cocks were quite rare 40 years ago in this rural area. 

Somewhere, out there in the either, is a similar thread.  I remember saying I had no idea I was what some consider big until the internet came along.  Even then I was among the last in the Western Hemisphere to get a computer.  You guessed it.  "That" was one of the first things I searched.  It was actually a surprise.  I had assumed all along that all men were more or less similar.  Ex and I were virgins when we married long before the internet.  Imagine my surprise when she asked "where were you hiding that"?

i think size became a thing when i was 13. I played football and i had seen some of my teammates naked in the shower since we started to play football when i was 8. At 13 the subject of how big your dick was, started then. I was a late bloomer and i had the smallest. From that time i started to measure my dick. I grew a little from 14 till 16. It stopped at 4,5 inch. For most of the times my penis was the smallest (soft)