Should I let my size affect my mind?

James05

Should I let the fact that I have a bald spot the size of a grapefruit affect my mind?  No, but it does even though I know there is nothing I can do about it.  Should your penis size affect your mind?  No, but it does.  

However, no one else in the world cares about my bald spot or your penis size.  Since we can't do anything about our inadequacies why concern ourselves with them?

@IndyBanker1946 Sounds like you have more hair than I.  It began saying saying goodbye mid twenties.  I had an appt with Dr. Norman Orentreich.  A sister who owed me a bit of money suddenly died.  I was going to use some of it for at least a consult.  I settled with my BIL but decided to not go through with it.  Glad I didn't do it.  Dr. O  may have been the pioneer but transplants were in the nascent state.  I shudder to think of a head full of plugs today.  I'd rather be bald.  At my age I say why cultivate on my head what grows wild on my ass.  

It takes a lot of self reflection and soul searching to realize we have more to do and offer in life regardless of our size and appearance. That is easier said than done, but it's a worthy challenge to accept to better oneself. Even in my middle ages, I would say Im a work in progress and hope this helps you and whoever else reading this forum.

• RodEnuf changed the title to Should I let my size affect my mind?
4 hours ago, old n hard said:

@IndyBanker1946 Sounds like you have more hair than I.  It began saying saying goodbye mid twenties.  I had an appt with Dr. Norman Orentreich.  A sister who owed me a bit of money suddenly died.  I was going to use some of it for at least a consult.  I settled with my BIL but decided to not go through with it.  Glad I didn't do it.  Dr. O  may have been the pioneer but transplants were in the nascent state.  I shudder to think of a head full of plugs today.  I'd rather be bald.  At my age I say why cultivate on my head what grows wild on my ass.  

I keep asking my hairdresser if there is any way she can take some of my eyebrows and ear hair and transplant it.

It's an age thing with men.  I decided to let my stash grow out.  It was so stiff wax was no help.  Back to a normal close cut toothbrush style.  My eyebrows would grow long enough to wrap around my ears if left alone.  I let them grow and used wax.  No go.  Much too coarse.   If I allowed nose hair to grow I could comb it into my stash.  I use the electric razor trimmer for ear hair.  I see old men in public with ears and nostrils full of hair.  YUCK

No, it should not have that kind of control over you, IMHO. Very few people in your life even know how big your penis is. As far as women, most don't care even if they're in a relationship with you. If you will read through the topics on here, you will see that many guys have accepted it and even come to enjoy it, I for one. So just work on getting your mind right and have fun with it.

No. Most sex is in your head and your partners head. 

I’ve said it before. Use toys, props like a scarf covers her eyes, tell stories, talk about fantasies, be kinky, be open to everything, and most importantly have fun. 

I’m a effort to not look old I get my eyebrows threaded, hair slightly dyed to look salt and pepper not white, trim my ears and nose with a weed wacker, and get manicures and especially pedicures. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
29 minutes ago, wondering4 said:

Yeah, everything is in our heads, but we have perceptual organs that put it there.

WE HAVE TO TAKE RESPONSBILITY FOR WHAT WE THINK.  I don't mean that as blame.  We are subject to propaganda from the moment of birth onward.  Our parents, out teachers, our peers, all say things that shape our thoughts, but ultimately, we have to CHOOSE what we decide to believe and what to discard.  That requires some effort as some of that garbage has been inscribed pretty deeply into our brains.  But some people manage to move beyond.

1 hour ago, Wookieboy said:

WE HAVE TO TAKE RESPONSBILITY FOR WHAT WE THINK.

AND for our own lives.

I was told I was good for nothing growing up.
Believed it.
Drank all the time later in life.
Knew I was good for nothing so why expect anything decent in life.
Totally self-centered, miserable and everyone one else got all the breaks.
What was there besides drunken oblivion and an early death (with any luck)?

Then someone said something positive about me...impossible...something good ! ! !
They asked me to just think about it.
Took another 3 years of  misery.
Eventually, I was at deaths door and had enough intelligence left (realized? thought about what they said?), my way wasn't working.
Maybe I could change my life, highly unlikely (I was "different" than those others), but maybe.
Got help, listened, did what I had to do, not what I wanted to do, stopped wishing things would change.
Saw some hope.  Started thinking a little different.
DECIDED to take positive action, no guarantee of success, but nothing ventured nothing gained?
Got 2 degrees.
Had a professor say "I HATE YOU, just kidding.  I hate it when people are so good and it just comes naturally,  And I don't really hate you, I'm envious of you.  You're always in a good mood, smiling and always there to help people when they need it"
I looked around to see who he was talking to...me good, me smiling, me helpful???? 
I sat down on the university steps and had to think about what he said.
I hadn't even realized how much I had changed.
Went on to meet with success. (Success as I measure it, not some financial advisors or CEO's opinion).
I think it found me.

All because I made a CHOICE to change, and the biggest change was my ATTITUDE.  The rest just followed.

Edited by canuck45

5 hours ago, Wookieboy said:

WE HAVE TO TAKE RESPONSBILITY FOR WHAT WE THINK.  I don't mean that as blame.  We are subject to propaganda from the moment of birth onward.  Our parents, out teachers, our peers, all say things that shape our thoughts, but ultimately, we have to CHOOSE what we decide to believe and what to discard.  That requires some effort as some of that garbage has been inscribed pretty deeply into our brains.  But some people manage to move beyond.

Well, of course.  We should use reason to determine as best possible what is true or false, or more realistically a working hypothesis.  Using reason to deny the truth, however, doesn't help.

4 hours ago, canuck45 said:

AND for our own lives.

I was told I was good for nothing growing up.
Believed it.
Drank all the time later in life.
Knew I was good for nothing so why expect anything decent in life.
Totally self-centered, miserable and everyone one else got all the breaks.
What was there besides drunken oblivion and an early death (with any luck)?

Then someone said something positive about me...impossible...something good ! ! !
They asked me to just think about it.
Took another 3 years of  misery.
Eventually, I was at deaths door and had enough intelligence left (realized? thought about what they said?), my way wasn't working.
Maybe I could change my life, highly unlikely (I was "different" than those others), but maybe.
Got help, listened, did what I had to do, not what I wanted to do, stopped wishing things would change.
Saw some hope.  Started thinking a little different.
DECIDED to take positive action, no guarantee of success, but nothing ventured nothing gained?
Got 2 degrees.
Had a professor say "I HATE YOU, just kidding.  I hate it when people are so good and it just comes naturally,  And I don't really hate you, I'm envious of you.  You're always in a good mood, smiling and always there to help people when they need it"
I looked around to see who he was talking to...me good, me smiling, me helpful???? 
I sat down on the university steps and had to think about what he said.
I hadn't even realized how much I had changed.
Went on to meet with success. (Success as I measure it, not some financial advisors or CEO's opinion).
I think it found me.

All because I made a CHOICE to change, and the biggest change was my ATTITUDE.  The rest just followed.

I'm not sure if the above is about you for real or a counseling allegory?

Anyway, I had an in some ways opposite life path:  I always had the opposite experience re: self worth: constant encouragement and reinforcement from parents, teachers and other authorities with the proviso I wasn't living-up to my potential.  I didn't have the natural assertiveness and combativeness I needed in everything except studying.  Of course, the peer group gave me negative reinforcement for not being combative or assertive.

For me, drinking was a temporary reprieve from whatever it was that made me retiring instead of assertive.  People used to say I was scary when drunk others said I should be more like that all the time.  Inhibitions dissolved.  Oblivion?  Not in my case.

Of course, I was MUCH LESS sensitive about my shockingly small dick when drunk and ignored the negatives.  Drink enabled me to deny reality temporarily instead of function within it.

As I aged, I learned how to act more assertive without drink and finally stopped drinking.  Recreational sex wasn't a priority by then.

Edited by wondering4

On 12/5/2021 at 4:06 PM, SloStroker said:

That's hot! Wonder how big it was? 

Interesting that Costner's part reinforces the importance of having a big dick though, saying something like "that is good for a kid your age."  Thusly, big is good.

My father said genital size doesn't matter.  He was lying, but the Costner character wasn't.

4 hours ago, wondering4 said:

Well, of course.  We should use reason to determine as best possible what is true or false, or more realistically a working hypothesis.  Using reason to deny the truth, however, doesn't help.

Of course.  The truth is I have a very small penis.  The truth is that having a small penis is a trigger for ridicule and rejection.  The truth is also that my particular penis is a natural variation biologically and is not better or worse, just different.  The truth is being different does not make me bad or wrong, just different.  The truth is I can be miserable or choose to focus on my strengths and try to be happy.  I never said to deny the truth, but not to be defeated by it.

3 hours ago, Wookieboy said:

Of course.  The truth is I have a very small penis.  The truth is that having a small penis is a trigger for ridicule and rejection.  The truth is also that my particular penis is a natural variation biologically and is not better or worse, just different.  The truth is being different does not make me bad or wrong, just different.  The truth is I can be miserable or choose to focus on my strengths and try to be happy.  I never said to deny the truth, but not to be defeated by it.

Same here.