Puberty and size

@SloStroker

I, as you, was squirting by late 10 to early 11 .. though no pubes yet.  .. I had a friend, out of many that ran around with us guys, who was a year or so older.  I was in awe of him, because he had developed a fat eight incher early .. watching him masturbate with us and squirt was amazing. ... In comparison, he seemed like a complete Giant.!!  😲

1 hour ago, Appreciater said:

@SloStroker

I, as you, was squirting by late 10 to early 11 .. though no pubes yet.  .. I had a friend, out of many that ran around with us guys, who was a year or so older.  I was in awe of him, because he had developed a fat eight incher early .. watching him masturbate with us and squirt was amazing. ... In comparison, he seemed like a complete Giant.!!  😲

One of my best friends had a 7 1/2 incher and I LOVED to watch him jerk off.  Interesting he LOVED my little penis and treated my like his little brother, very protective of me. . . for a while.

On 8/1/2022 at 6:56 AM, SloStroker said:

My daughter started getting pubic hair and boobs at 8yo and got her period at 10yo. 

Yikes!  The first "hint" I had that either of my daughters had started was while wrestling with all three kids in the living room.  I've told this before but I was trying to hold my oldest daughter around her waist while fending off the other daughter and my son.  I think she was 12, possibly 13, and as she slithered out of my grasp, I found I had a hand full of developing breast.  I was shocked as I had not realized she'd started.  I hadn't seen any of the kids naked for probably six or seven years at that point.  I divorced their mother shortly thereafter so I really didn't get to see them develop, per se.  The younger daughter ended up with noticeably larger breasts but I'm not sure at which age she started her changes.

But EIGHT?  No, it sure wasn't that early.

On 7/31/2022 at 12:59 PM, Appreciater said:

I think kids bodies and their dicks and the ages around puberty vary as much or more so, than dick sizes after we're adults.🤔

It's funny... but I seem to remember noticing that, when we first started the mandatory changing and showers at school (age 11, I think), everyone of the boys in my class had virtually identical genitalia - a little walnut of balls and a tiny tube laying over them, bouncing as we walked.  Everyone of us circumcised.  Not a hair in sight.

I was out of the country and with boys a year younger for a while, but back in the states and around 16 or 17 years of age, it seems like we were all about the same again - all thicker, all with balls hanging down nicely, and all with a patch of pubic hair and hairy balls.  But, again, all fairly similar.

So, once the changes kicked in, yes, there was definitely a variety.  But, once the puberty dust settled, we were back to being fairly similar, as I remember.

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2022 at 10:54 PM, smokeylink said:

I'm not sure I fully understand the original question but I saw tons of examples in the locker rooms at school between the age of 11 and 18 and I didn't notice any kind of pattern between the timing of puberty and eventual penis size. When I started 6th grade at 11 years old, I would say about a third of the guys had already started puberty and had at least some pubic hair. The rest of us were bald down there. The guys with the biggest dicks in 6th grade were all well into to puberty. But there were others such as one guy I remember who had a ton of pubic hair but his dick wasn't even as big as the average hairless guys. There were also some guys with little to no pubic hair whose dicks were obviously bigger than most. Then there was one of my best friends who didn't get his first pubic hair until 10th grade at 15 years old. 2 years later he had one of the biggest dicks in the school. I just remembered another kid as I was typing who started puberty really early and was already at his adult height by the time we turned 13. When we started high school, most everyone had passed him up in dick size (except for me of course). So, again, I don't believe there is any correlation between the timing of puberty and penis size.

I tend to agree with this post.

I remember that in the 5th grade, where in my country boys are 10-11 years old, we were only two boys out of maybe 25 in my school (5th graders) who had hair down there. I was one of the two, since I started puberty at 10 and could also cum at that age. During 5th and 6th grade I was always the biggest boy and I ended up having 7½ inches as an adult (it did schrink a bit when I got older, less fit and fatter!). 

But the other boy who like me was a very early bloomer ended up having pretty much the same size at 18 as he had at 13. 6 inches, I guess. On the other hand I remember a boy who in the 7th grade at 14 still had a tiny hairless dick. I only saw it soft, but it was like 1 inch soft. Almost invisible. After that I changed school and did not see him naked for a few years. Until he was 18 years and we played on the same soccer team. I remember that I was very surprised when I saw him naked in the lockerroom. At 18 he now had a huge bush and a very long soft cock. Probably 6 inches soft. He was even bigger soft then me!! And at 14 he was "ridiculously" small.

I also remember a boy from when he was 13. He was still hairless, but had a short, but pretty thick dick. Maybe 2 inches soft. But surprisingly thick. At 18 when we were at High School together I saw him again under the shower. And WOW, he still had a very thick dick, but it has become much longer. Now probably close to 6 inches soft. When we were both in our late 20s, I accidentally met him at a gay cruising spot and I gave him a blowjob. That was when I found out that when hard his dick was probably 8 inches and very fat too. So at 13 he had a shot, but pretty thick penis. And as adult he also had a very long penis!

So I am not sure that there is such a big correlation between dicksizes before and after puberty. Even that I guess that if you are 4 inches at 10 you should at least statistically have a better chance go get a big dick than if you are only 2 inches at 10. But there is no guarantee. Some are just early bloomers and stop growing at 12-13. So their at 13 impressive 6-7 inches penises will maybe not grow anymore and as adult they are just average or maybe a bit above. And others are tiny when 10-11 yo but are late bloomers who then could explode and still get big dicks. Others again are always tinky. I know a young man who is 25 years old and only has a 4 inches dick when hard. He has told me that his dick almost didn´t grow at all during puberty. In fact his dick seems like a 11 yo´s dick (short and thin and the fact that he shaves just makes it look totally like a little boy-dick).

Edited by Gaydane

On 8/5/2022 at 7:00 PM, CuriousNow said:

So, once the changes kicked in, yes, there was definitely a variety.  But, once the puberty dust settled, we were back to being fairly similar, as I remember.

I remember outliers at each stage probably because I was one and looking for others sharing my plight.  I also remember that, pre-puberty, some guys were already well endowed flaccid, but no hair.  I remember well one of the unpleasant "jibes" just now that curiously didn't mention genital:  "He doesn't have a hair on his ass!"

I wonder if you were really paying attention?  Perhaps you up-bring influenced you not to be or you are really 100% hetero with no innate interest in male equipment?

Edited by wondering4

1 hour ago, Gaydane said:

Others again are always tinky. I know a young man who is 25 years old and only has a 4 inches dick when hard. He has told me that his dick almost didn´t grow at all during puberty. In fact his dick seems like a 11 yo´s dick (short and thin and the fact that he shaves just makes it look totally like a little boy-dick).

Tell me about it!

12 hours ago, wondering4 said:

I wonder if you were really paying attention?  Perhaps you up-bring influenced you not to be or you are really 100% hetero with no innate interest in male equipment?

Well, I guess that's the thing - I really wasn't paying attention because I really wasn't interested.  Other naked boys?  Yaaaawn.  Naked girls?  Oh YES PLEASE, I was very interested in them (but rarely got to see any)!

Upbringing?  Well, I don't think any of us can discount how our upbringing may have affected our sexual preferences.  But, I honestly believed I was 100% hetero - at least on the emotional side.  By that, I mean I had no emotional attraction to males.  Still don't, actually.

HOWEVER... I believe I did have a tiny bit of physical attraction (I think we may all be born at least partially bi-sexual) - but I don't think I realized this.  I don't think I understood that anyone could be anything but totally hetero or totally homosexual.  How so?  Well, there were three separate incidents (ages 13, 14 & 17) and, particularly in the final incident, I reacted physically to the sight of my best friend's partially erect penis and that completely shocked me!  How could that sight (I'd seen him naked many times a week for about two years by that time, although never aroused) cause me to react physically?  But time moved on and there were no further incidents in my life and, accordingly, I was secure in the belief that I was hetero.

Then, I got old.  I stopped going to gyms, saunas, steam rooms and such.  I stopped seeing other males naked (after seeing boys, teens and men naked for forty or fifty years), and it slowly dawned on me that I somehow missed the sight of other naked males - and I missed being naked around other males.  This was not an overnight revelation, by any means.  It started slowly... I'd find myself looking at photos of nude people and - hey, why am I looking at the guy's flaccid penis?  It wasn't huge; it was very similar in size to mine.  So why was I looking at that when there was a naked woman next to him.  But, over time, I discovered I enjoyed seeing naked people - all naked people.  Young and old, male and female.  If they are naked, I love looking at them.

And, to keep on topic (at least somewhat), naked people in puberty are, I believe, particularly beautiful.  They're at that dawn of sexual awakening - standing, as it were, at doorway into a world of incredible pleasure. 

I have an unscientific theory that the earlier you start masturbation,  the smaller your cock and larger your balls eventually become.    It's based on the way your brain and body reacts to you ejaculating in a simulated sexual process.  If you arent having simulated sex your penis continues to grow making you competitive in the gene pool and if you start early your systems think you have successfully added your dna and genes so stops helping you out.   As I said not scientific,  probably based on the fact I started masturbating at 9 years old haveing constant dry orgasms and around 13 going into high gear lol.  I have sort of large balls and around average or less penis length at around 5.5 to 6" erect.  A sample of one lol.

16 hours ago, BamaSmallOne said:

I have an unscientific theory that the earlier you start masturbation, the smaller your cock and larger your balls eventually become.  ...  A sample of one lol.

Yes, a sample of one, but your hypothesis does completely support your research!

Edited by CuriousNow
Formatting.

I'm not sure that masturbation has an effect on penis size, but I don't really see any research on that theory.  I started sexual activity around age 11 or 12 which is pretty normal I think. But I know my younger brother's penis when he was that age was already substantially larger than mine at that age.   He started masturbating at the same time and continued to grow, whereas mine did not so much.  My family experience doesn't support your theory.

When I was in Middle school we had this exact topic of conversation, "does jerking off limit your size?". I went to the same area for MS and HS, and grew up with a consistent group of boys, of varying levels of activity.

But we were the smart kids, and were generally well behaved, so our parents gave us a lot of leeway and freedom.

We had numerous sessions of group/pair solo "play/experimentation", but the talks and comparisons were frequent.

We all kept growth charts, and for a while did almost monthly measuring contests.

Where this topic originated, one kid said his older cousin told him that wives tale, that if you lay off the pork sword, it would grow longer.

Never saw any proof of this behavior and difference. 

I think it is just a way for parents/siblings to try to get boys to jerk off less. 

On 9/16/2022 at 11:34 AM, BamaSmallOne said:

I have an unscientific theory that the earlier you start masturbation,  the smaller your cock and larger your balls eventually become.    It's based on the way your brain and body reacts to you ejaculating in a simulated sexual process.  If you arent having simulated sex your penis continues to grow making you competitive in the gene pool and if you start early your systems think you have successfully added your dna and genes so stops helping you out.   As I said not scientific,  probably based on the fact I started masturbating at 9 years old haveing constant dry orgasms and around 13 going into high gear lol.  I have sort of large balls and around average or less penis length at around 5.5 to 6" erect.  A sample of one lol.

Technically, I'd say you have a scientific hypothesis above, not a theory.  Interesting rationale for the hypothesis, but, more likely, size is primarily genetic.

I started masturbating the Summer after I turned 15, so it doesn't work in my case.  I was "afraid," though, that such a theory was true and my new habit of masturbation would even further delay or slow my maturation and growth.

I also feared masturbating would delay my "sexual/social" development, ie. dating, pursuing sex partners, etc.  However, that appears to be false too given 1000s of personal account of guys very active dating in Jr. and Sr. High.

Edited by wondering4

On 9/25/2022 at 6:36 AM, wondering4 said:

[. . .] but, more likely, size is primarily genetic, [. . .]

Genetic and likely epigenetic too.

Epigenetics literally means "above" or "on top of" genetics. It refers to external modifications to DNA that turn genes "on" or "off." These modifications do not change the DNA sequence, but instead, they affect how cells "read" genes.  Some such changes take place in the womb and can be related to the timing and level of exposure to testosterone while in the womb.

Alan G

4 minutes ago, RodEnuf said:

Genetic and likely epigenetic too.

Epigenetics literally means "above" or "on top of" genetics. It refers to external modifications to DNA that turn genes "on" or "off." These modifications do not change the DNA sequence, but instead, they affect how cells "read" genes.  Some such changes take place in the womb and can be related to the timing and level of exposure to testosterone while in the womb.

Alan G

Interesting.  Can that happen after birth I wonder.  Like could masturbation turn genes on or off?  

6 hours ago, wondering4 said:

Interesting.  Can that happen after birth I wonder.  Like could masturbation turn genes on or off?  

Yeah, epigenetics are a whole host of factors; diet, climate, pollution, stress, attention, sleep, exercise

https://endocrinenews.endocrine.org/tri-point-genetics-epigenetics-puberty/#:~:text=The timing of puberty is,and activation of gene expression.

On 8/4/2022 at 9:54 PM, smokeylink said:

I don't believe there is any correlation between the timing of puberty and penis size.

One should rather write that there is no correlation between the timing of puberty and DEFINITIVE penis size, because if boys nowadays tend to be more precocious for the onset of their puberty than before, whatever the reasons, it implicates than more younger teens have bigger penises than before too, what a majority on this topic seemed to remark. But finally, there is absolutely no reason for definitive penis size to be larger than before.

On the contrary, several studies show a decrease in the overall newborn penis length in developed countries, an increase of micropenis and intersex prevalence at birth, as well as a dramatic fall of spermatozoid counts in adults since a few decades.

And once again, based on pure logic, it will more probably drive to a diminution of the penile length and girth within the forthcoming next decades than to a rise!

On 9/25/2022 at 11:36 AM, wondering4 said:

size is primarily genetic

Penis size at birth is primarily genetic and even multi-genic, probably as well as the major part of the penile growth during puberty. But there are external factors that can more or less intrinsicly modify the definitive penis size, amongst them jelqing practices (I don't speak about extrinsic factors which modify the penile environment and aspect consequently, like overweight, for example, that makes a lot of averaged-dicked guys turning into soft innie dicks daddies).

Regarding masturbation, one has to remind that the more the penis is active, the more it remains long and thick. One example that illustrates this is the use of chastity cages by some guys, who refrain any sexual activity during long periods with devices that push on their glans on and maintain their whole dick inside. As a result, they say their dicks often significantly decrease in length and girth for few days.

Another example is the one of young Muslim men whose religion when strictly implemented, forbid any masturbation practices and any sexual relationship out of the marriage, even spontaneous erections being "haram", and who often have underdeveloped penises as a result. I saw some of them in Morocco, where 11 to 12cm erect penises on adults are not rare at all.

Last but not least, old men who don't have sex since years or decades any longer, also notice an important decrease in their penis size. Every single nurse could confirm that older men have significantly smaller penises than younger and/or sexually active guys.

Edited by littledick724