Problem entering emojis

underyoureyes

Question

2 answers to this question

@underyoureyes  I'm not sure what you're experiencing.  With your text cursor focused in a text entry box, click the smilie icon in the button bar at the top of the text entry box.  That should open a pop-up emoji selector box with a scroll bar on the right.  Then scroll through the display of emojis until you see the one you want.  Then click it to insert the emoji at the current text cursor position in the text entry box.

Also every emoji has a name which can be used to enter the emoji directly just by typing.  Start with a <space> then a <colon> then the emoji name then another <colon> and a final <space>.  For example, I'm going to type <space><colon>roflmao<colon><space>.  :roflmao: When you start typing the emoji name, you'll get a pop-up box showing the emojis that start with what you've typed so far.  As you add letters the list will shrink.  You can short circuit your typing by clicking on an emoji in the pop-up box and the emoji will replaced what you've typed so far.  If you type out the full name and add the terminal <colon> and <space> the emoji will show up immediately upon your typing the terminal <space> bar.  Note that each emoji's name appears beneath the emoji in any of the pop-up boxes I've mentioned.

Alan G -- Measurection Administrator