Can I block someone from seeing my posts?

IndyBanker1946

Question

24 answers to this question

21 hours ago, IndyBanker1946 said:

I know I can ignore someone ( which I do) but I would also like to prevent someone from seeing my posts.  Is that possible?

"See no evil, hear no evil, talk no evil?"

Hearing what others say and letting them hear what I say seems to me steps toward objectivity.

Edited by wondering4

On 12/11/2022 at 9:05 AM, IndyBanker1946 said:

I know I can ignore someone ( which I do) but I would also like to prevent someone from seeing my posts.  Is that possible?

@IndyBanker1946

Curious? Why would you not want someone to see your posts....
First thing that comes to my mind:  malicious, gossip, false info....but then I have a very suspicious cynical mind....

@canuck45 Quite frankly, there are a few members here that annoy the hell out of me and I don’t really want to hear their endless drivel (wisdom in there eyes) in responding to my posts.  I actually am posting much less often because of it…perhaps that makes others happy.

In the end it doesn’t matter because what I want done can’t be accomplished.  If you would like to discuss further please message me.  
Thanks for asking.  

@Appreciater I am certain you perceive yourself as this fount of wisdom, healer and counselor to all.  You can help me In my quest for peace of mind.  How can you do this?  Quite simply by never responding to a post I make or replying to a topic I create.  Putting me on ignore might also be beneficial to my quest for peace of mind.  If you would do such things I will be forever grateful.

2 hours ago, Appreciater said:

@IndyBanker1946 .....

Done..... If this place is becoming a haven for the self righteous... I may consider withdrawing completely to be only a lurker and no longer active, as you would wish.  Happy now.?

IndyBanker seems to be a control freak of some kind.  My advice is to pay no attention to his ridiculous demands.  If he doesn't like open discussion he ought to leave himself!

I’ve only been on these forums a short while, but it confuses me why people would choose to ignore someone just because of a difference of opinion or because they choose to take a particular angle on something.  I know and can see how my perception of myself vs the stats in studies has “offended” or “annoyed” certain users here.  Some have chosen to ignore me and “switch me off” because I won’t simply move to their point of view.  Others hold a different opinion and continue to engage in really healthy (sometimes) conversation and debate.  

Isn’t that what forums are for? 

Are these forums not supposed to be for discussion of penis size and all things pertaining to penile function and psychosomatic relation?  

I must say I have found some users comments to be largely based around arousal and, well, there is one user in particular who seems to reply to every post in sexual way. 

I come to the forums to share my thoughts, my anxieties, my insecurities, my challenges, and I truly appreciate the effort and time taken by those who indulge and engage in conversation with me.  I like to think it will help me overcome my issues in the long term.  While I don’t necessarily agree with everyone, nor vice versa, I do give thanks and appreciation to those who share their time in at least responding - and I tolerate the different angles that are positioned.

It seems a shame that others choose to ignore or want to push other people away just to ensure their own point of view or preference isn’t centre stage.

Edited by Lukeow

The nature of forums is open open posts and discussion. Not everyone is going to get along, just as in life.

If you don't like someone's viewpoint or opinion, ignore it, skip over what they write and carry on.

There's a lot of TV programmes I don't like, so I don't watch them. Life comes with a filter, use it!

Now, now stop behaving like children.

Some posters seem to be going for a record and post much of nothing as often as possible. 
Some posters seem to like to post their anecdotes as absolute universal fact
Some posters post seemingly preposterous stories and should be writing fiction.

OH well, life carries on and the FORUMS are not just for things I like or think are relevant.

BTW if you think you are singled out, hmmmmmm could it be
AND remember, when you point your finger at others 3 fingers point at yourself.

I find it amusing that all this discussion is taking place because a user asked a technical question on this technical forum.  And the folks who are proponents of everybody posting everything that crosses their mind and everybody else reading it all, are ganging up on a user for asking the question.

Alan G

The "Foo" bird

In ancient times there was a community known as the Goodnu's. As all communities did in these times the Goodnu's lived right on the river bank for trading, transportation and sustenance. Water was almighty and worshipped as a God. One day there was a tremendous hurricane far out in the ocean. It's ferocity blew a large flock of "Foo" birds way off course sending them inland many hundreds of miles and in the vicinity of the Goodnu's community. The Goodnu people had never seen a "Foo" bird and were quite curious as to it's sudden and obviously evil presence. The "Foo" bird, as we all know, is a very ugly, evil-looking bird. This caused the Goodnu people to become very uneasy believing they did something wrong to God and that this bird should be avoided. One day a "Foo" bird flew overhead and screeched: "Foo, Foo" and shit on a Goodnu's head. The man ran screaming into the river believing the Holy powers of the river would cleanse him of this evil turd and its consequences. As soon as the man washed this unholy turd from his ear canal he suddenly keeled over and died. The Goodnu's were now convinced of the "Foo" bird's evilness. The next day a woman was outside and heard: "Foo, Foo". Before she could react the "Foo" bird dropped a bomb landing a syrupy turd across her face. Shocked and panicked she ran into the river furiously washing her face of this sloppy stew. The village watched in horror as this woman also died once cleansed of the runny turd. The very next day a village wiseman heard those famous words: "Foo, Foo". He like others had witnessed the terrible deaths of two of his villages' people in the last two days. He too was struck right in the forehead by the "Foo" birds accurately guided turd missile. His first reaction was confusion and he sprinted towards the river. However, he stopped short and thought of his obvious demise should he cleanse the turd wafer from his forehead. He did not cleanse the poo pile from his forehead and lived. So the wiseman went to the other people of the village, gathered them around and stated to them: "There is an obvious lesson here my good people.

The moral of this story is: 'If the Foo shits, wear it.'".

Edited by canuck45

i dont think any one is out to hurt any one.We all have our topics and we all have our veiws.I just got back to this site after being gone for a long time.I missed the guys who i use to be on line friends with. And always remember if one guy gets to you then dont write him. There are how many other guys here.. I dont know any new guys but im sure they are great