Dick size in relation to personality types

Ethan

This is for people who have dicks!

First, let's determine if you are an Introvert or an Extrovert. Here's a link to take a short test to determine which personality type you are.

After you take the short test (no pun intended! shocked.gif) then you will know in general which personality type you are.

Vote in the following poll according to which you are. Please vote in only one of the two polls. Either you are an Introvert or an Extrovert. And, if you are in-between, then you pick which one you think you are.

Ok, so what I am trying to point out is that our penis size may have had a lot to do with how our personalities shaped. I started out my life as an introvert and actually had to force myself to adopt extroverted characteristics. Growing up I thoroughly enjoyed being by myself and playing by myself. I don't think my dick size had anything to do with that as a child because we were not sexual beings at that time.

I took the test and I scored 2 places over to the right from the middle point between introversion and extroversion. That means I am neither a strong nor weak extrovert, but somewhere in between. Perhaps an average extrovert. However, if I had taken this test 20 years ago I would most definitely have scored as an introvert.

I recognized years ago that life is not fun alone. Extroverts have more fun and are less inhibited. I set out to change myself so that I could have fun in life. The clock ticks away the time and you can never reclaim the time that is lost. I am much happier as an extrovert. I am content to be a borderline or midway extrovert. And I am capable of temporarily becoming an introvert. Actually I feel like I can switch back and forth to suit my needs. That is something that is the ideal if you can pull it off. It works for me.

Ethan

Here's an interesting something I found on the net searching for introvert vs. extrovert.

Am I an introvert? or am i just plain ol shy ?!

The term "introvert" is often used in a general form referring to a person who is shy. Introversion and shyness have nothing to do with each other. An introvert or an extrovert can be shy...introversion is not synonymous to shyness.

Introverts are not necessarily shy. The main difference between a shy person and an introvert is the very basic fact - that people who are shy have a desire to interact with people. They want to get to know more people - talk to them and to some point act like the extrovert next to them - who is having a great time in the party! But they are unable to express themselves - largely owing to low self-esteem. Shy people are anxious or frightened or self-excoriating in social settings; introverts generally are not. An introverted person has the conversational skills and self-esteem necessary to interact successfully with others, but prefers to be alone. A shy person, however, wants to be with others but lacks the social skills and self-esteem needed.

So then who is an introvert? or what does introversion mean ?

The terms introvert and extrovert was first coined by Dr. Carl Jung as a means to understand various different types of personality. He described introversion and extroversion as two in-born ways that people gain and lose personal energy.

He understood that introversion and extroversion are on a continuum. At one end are introverts. They feel depleted by too much external stimulation and are energized by internal sources (ideas, impressions, thoughts).

Extroverts, at the other end of the continuum, are energized by external sources (activities, socializing, things) and lose energy during down time.

Some people use both sides of the continuum almost equally. We all possess both ways of increasing and decreasing energy but most of us inherently require more introverting or extroverting to accumulate our energy resources.

Plainly put - an introvert would get exhausted after a time by being around a lot of people. And on the other hand if an extrovert were to be left alone - he would get exhausted! He would need to go find himself a few people to interact with ..to talk with! This in no way means that the introvert hates people and prefers to stay in seclusion! He enjoys the company of people - a few close to him - that he can argue - discuss and carry long conversations with!

People who prefer introversion may:

- be seen as calm and "centered" or reserved

- feel comfortable being alone and like solitary activities

- prefer fewer, more intense relationships

- sometimes spend too much time reflecting and not move into action quickly enough

- sometimes forget to check with the outside world to see if their ideas really fit their experience

About 25% of the total population is formed of Introverts.

Guest CharlieBear

Interesting, I could say much the same about myself, forcing myself to be an extrovert. I scored the same place you did. However, I had difficulty going through the test. Many of the answers just did not fit me.

I didn't know anybody on the Brady Bunch, but they made me answer it anyway!

I came out in the middle, but the message said I was an introvert? Don't get that. I do know I would have scored much lower when I was in High School.

Lloyd

• 16 years later...
On 11/1/2003 at 8:03 AM, Ethan said:

The terms introvert and extrovert was first coined by Dr. Carl Jung as a means to understand various different types of personality. He described introversion and extroversion as two in-born ways that people gain and lose personal energy.

He understood that introversion and extroversion are on a continuum. At one end are introverts. They feel depleted by too much external stimulation and are energized by internal sources (ideas, impressions, thoughts).

Yep.  I worked as a workshop facilitator.  By the time class ends (6 hrs) I am exhausted.  My co-worker (total extrovert) is bouncing off the walls by the end.  uggghhhh just thinking of her energy exhausts me.  Social butterfly.
In groups, prefer to sit back and observe.

The test listed after 5 questions sounds more like assertive/aggressive/passive.  Didn't bother after 5 questions, reload entire page, scroll, ads......

I strive to be an introvert. Quiet and unassuming. Gary Cooper is my role model. However, despite my best efforts, I end up being the center of attention.

Why don't people just let me be shy? I'd love to be the wallflower, but I'm always out on the floor dancing. Like they say about blacks, I have a great sense of rhythm. Unfortunately I don't have another asset black men are supposed to have. 

Introvert/extrovert are not real things in psychology anymore i don't think.

Similar to the concept of "type A / B" personality types, something invented by tobacco companies to sell cigarettes. 

Just like gingivitis was invented to sell mouthwash. 

Like the pseudo science of Myers Briggs test and "body types" like endomorph, mesomorph, ectomorph, or flavor sections on your tongue.

Edited by MaltedMurder

4 hours ago, MaltedMurder said:

Introvert/extrovert are not real things in psychology anymore i don't think.

Similar to the concept of "type A / B" personality types, something invented by tobacco companies to sell cigarettes. 

Just like gingivitis was invented to sell mouthwash. 

Like the pseudo science of Myers Briggs test and "body types" like endomorph, mesomorph, ectomorph, or flavor sections on your tongue.

Psychology seems to be repudiated in principle these days, not just specifics.

Agree with @canuck45 , the questions seem like "assertive/aggressive/passive" rather than a test for introversion and extroversion though ironically my result at the end of the test was somewhat accurate (public introvert and private extrovert), so maybe this test has some merit.  Though I think it was a fluke.  I think my problem with the test is that it conflates aspects of behaviour to introversion and extroversion, when it is a continuum based on my current understanding.  While I think certain traits are more prevalent in those who are introverted or extroverted, I do believe there are tons of overlap.  As a introverted guy, I am not afraid to hang out with people or be assertive, but I do find I do this less compared to my extroverted friends.  I don't know..I rather take a test regarding the five-factor model (FFM), but that likely cost money and I am not in any hurry.

I don't think it's a simple binary answer, there's definitely a sliding scale based on mood, environment, and alcohol consumed.

If I had to label myself, I'd be more towards the introvert side, but that really depends on my mood, and what's going on. Younger days I'd happily be up on the dancefloor (how else were you supposed to meet girls), these days I'm happy to just sit, chat and watch people instead.

I do enjoy going to naturist/nudist clubs, beaches, swims etc. I've always considered myself average, sometime smalls, especially when flaccid. So I don't let that be a barrier to enjoying myself. In fact, I find that being naked with others gives me greater confidence, and I'm often more outgoing that I would be in other social situations.

Edited by new2day

I think I agree that Jung in defining introvert vs. extrovert has rationalizing his own lack of assertiveness as "introversion", turning it into a virtue, ie. someone who thinks deeply.  Also, he is revealed as having a small penis by one of his patients.  He and his patients indulged nude swimming as the lake on his Estate in Switzerland.  He was also credibly accused of sexual abuse by a femaile patient.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, grandstand said:

Totally agree.  I scored as an introvert....never in a million years.  I am non-confrontational and don't like arguing.

But if "introversion" is defined as non-assertive, non-confrontabional, non-combative?