Video chat cycling through different non-measurection.com rooms?

Anonymised

Question

Hey there,

I just wanted to alert someone from the staff team that something weird is going on with the video chat. I was in there earlier and suddenly there was a huge influx of non-English speakers (sometimes 100+ people), spam the Lobby chat (in other languages) and then they would disappear. Then a bunch of chat rooms would appear and disappear from the Room List - lots of sexually-themed rooms but didn't seem to be from Measurection members. It was almost like the video chat was cycling through a bunch of different rooms that weren't hosted by Measurection. It all happened so fast! 

I wonder if staff here are aware of this or have seen this before? Just letting someone know!

Thanks. 

6 answers to this question

On 4/27/2023 at 7:25 PM, Smity said:

Chat doesn't work for me at all. I get this message but there's no Room List to click.  TO ENTER CHAT - CLICK "ROOM LIST" AND JOIN THE "MAIN CHATROOM"

Should get a popup with 2 rooms main and lobby.
Or on the right side., should be able to click on rooms and join 1 or the other.
Pop up blocker?

chat1.png

chat2.png

I remember years and years ago in yahoo chat rooms some would come in and speak middle eastern language openly in the room, after awhile they would move on.  I suspected it was some terrorist method of clandestine communications.  They would stay in one room for like less than 5 minutes then all move to another one.  

The room list appears as a pop-up box.  It looks like everyone uses the "Lobby".

If you've got pop-ups blocked in your browser, that may be causing the problem.  You might want to try another browser.  I'm using Firefox on Windows 11 and it's working for me.

Alan G -- Measurection Administrator