Too Lazy to Stand and Pee

I recently heard a morning radio show on my way to work, and they were discussing (of all things) men's bathroom behavior. The conversation took an interesting turn when someone asked if it was manly for guys to sit when they pee at home.

I generally stand, but will occasionally sit when I go in the middle of the night because I'm just too lazy and don't want to turn on the light and wake myself up. Besides, if you have a lady in your life, they tend to get angry when you miss.

There was a mixed reaction from the men (about half said you should always stand, the other half agreed with my view, and then there were a few who said they always sit). What surprised me was that a significant number of the female callers said that they thought it was feminine for a guy to sit and pee!

Guys, what do you do, and what are your feelings on this?

I clicked 'I stand a majority of the time, but will occasionally sit if I'm too lazy'.However,I sit not because I am lazy now,but because I am disabled.I did stand all the time before.I know many smaller men do sit to pee as for some it is easier.As for generally sitting or standing,I think most men do stand & only sit when they have to,for the other,& pee at the same time.We had a male dog that never cocked his leg to pee,even when he was older!

For me it is not a question of being too lazy to stand.it is better for me. with 2 1/2 inches soft it difficult to get it all out enough to avoid dripping all over my pants, unless the public bathroon is really not too clean I must sit or at least squat and avoid touching the seat. that's how I deal with what Mother Nature gave me.Ray.

I don't think it is a matter of being lazy either! I prefer to stand to take a leak, However in the morning when i first get up & have a woodie, It is a hell of alot less pressure pushing down on it, while sitting! It is called Torque when you stand & push down on the erection & your heels come off the floor! Or as I call it ( Pain in the Main Vein) Plus it is easier hitting the toilet when sitting!

Sorry, I wasn't trying to offend anyone by using the word "lazy" in the post. I really meant it as catch-all term to include times where it is simply easier for you to sit (i.e., the scenario Streaker mentioned, too tired, convenience, etc.). And I hadn't even considered situations such as Stephen's. And I certainly didn't realize size was a factor. This is all very interesting...keep the responses coming guys.

I never know what size I am soft, sometimes I have and innie which means it's not easy to pee standing up, to say the least! But then again, with an innie, it's not that easy to pee sitting down! Luckily, usually a couple of tugs and it's its back to holding size, though it varies SO much soft I really never know what it will be!

As a household nudist, I always sit at home. In public places, due to their usual nastiness, I never sit. In fact, even if I need to take a #2, I don't. (No matter how uncomfortable it may be to wait). And when I wake up with a hard-on (precluding sitting to pee), I just walk out into the backyard and pee handsfree - arcing magnificently in whatever kind of weather.

Glad to see that I am not in the minority (at least at this time) in regards to this poll. I voted for standing and sitting at times. I guess it just depends on what mood I am in. If I am reflective, I tend to sit. If I am in a "let's get it over with" mood, then I definitely stand, but like someone else mentioned, when I stand, it (my small dick) sometimes makes one or the other more difficult (i.e., not having enough to pull on so that I don't make a mess when I am standing).

• 3 weeks later...

Not bad if you know that in my culture the male people avoid pissing while standing! In my country it's so, as my religion has recommended not to pee while standing, and to do it while sitting or squatting. I know there, they teach the kid when he can stand up, how to pee while standing, but it's not so here. However, I am male and quite healthy, but I don't pee while standing. You should consider that there are many different ways and theologies around the world.

To my own, peeing while standing is a nasty actions, also it does not feet a man's character, that's like you imagine a respectable man standing up still some where, his penis is out and his piss line in front of him! Who made the rule that males MUST stand up while urinating? And don't relate it to the nature, potentially many things are natural as an ability; one can bring it out (gun), aim and kill, but he has choosing power, although he has the ability, but he may not do it if he is sane; one can just bring it out, aim and piss, but does it mean he can not do it in a way but that?

Why stand to pee? Why aim? Aiming is for the time when you are distant to your target and can't be close to it, but when you can be close to it, and if you are sane, you prefer being close to your target than aiming to the target. So sit down and be relax, the name of the place you are doing that in, is rest room! And why you waste your time and energy in cleaning bathrooms? You can save it for more useful affairs by reducing the need of bathroom to be cleaned!

As for those who say "peeing while standing is of a few pleasures of a man!", I should say that a man is more valuable than way of peeing places as his pleasure and property! It does not fit a man to consider that as his worth! Men have more valuable special abilities to be mentioned! And as for those who say "peeing while standing is much easier than doing it while sitting or squatting", I should say that bending over and pulling down pants, and keeping a part of panties down for a while and aim for a while both need an attempt; and the fact that which one is easier for a person depends on habit. The way in which one's habit is based on, is easier for that one, and to which you habit, it will be easier for you! As God has made the ability of peeing while standing easily in guys, it must have an advantage, and yes it has. In men's jobs some times urgent situations happen, and some times they have to do some thing in a short time when the speed is important, and some times men have situations that they can't sit or squat or are in places where sitting or squatting is not easily possible; in such times they can use their ability of peeing while standing easily. But these urgent times just some times happen, not always! So I think there should be a project for men to stop, or to say better, manage peeing while standing. One group are already doing that and their site is: http://www.mapsu.org . As I mentioned, there are some occations when it's needed to pee standing up, then it happens for both men and women! So what should women do? So easy, they can instantly pee standing up using a small device, one is here: http://www.whenyagottago.com/products/Magic-Cone.html .

However, it will be great if the current way of peeing of guys in toilets and bathrooms, in the most parts of the world changes.

Ali

• 1 month later...

MAPSU is great - LOL! I also concur with carguy. At night, I dont want to turn on the light and put on my glasses, so sitting is best. I also tend to spray at times, so its not so realistic to avoid splatter around a toilet. Occasionally, my stream will deflect a few degrees (surprise) off of normal (i dont know why) and that will miss the target for sure! Therefore, at home(s) I generally sit. However, in public restrooms, I always stand -- the distance is less to a urinal and less skin contact with the appliance is always better.

Generally I stand, yah, but to the details of when, where and why I might sit? Or, for that matter, why it might be nice to stand even (thank you Ali for your insightful contributions) ...

At night, half-asleep and none-to-steady on my feet, I will sit ... I seem to recall that I have fallen asleep while standing, peeing and falling over a few times, so I just sit down and pee and put my head down on my knees and continue to dream (have to say there have been times when that is a very erotic feeling... hmmm.)

During the day, around the house, I'm often nude and will stand and pee .. and I like the freedom of it - no hands, no hassles ...

Another time to sit is when I start to pee while standing and discover, usually due to a partial hard-on, that my stream is splitting, with half going in the bowl and the other half elsewhere (!) ... and when I was younger I would try to get both streams into the bowl which was always rather tricky. Now, if the stream splits, I just put a cork in it and do the whole routine - unbutton, pants down, toilet seat down, turn-around - and then have to relax again until I can pee - because when I stop suddenly like that, I suppose I really cramp down on the valve!

I also sit to pee when I have an erection - and bend way over til it's pointed in the bowl and I'm standing on my head ... well, not quite.

Another experience has been living in many third world countries for extended period where they have superior, squat-style plumbing. And I really prefer that ... especially in that all public restrooms have squat style toilets, so sanitation is preserved and you never come in contact with anything. But even at home (abroad), I still often squatted to pee, as it was a simple matter of slipping down the shorts and squatting.

In Paraguay, while staying on an estancia, the owner and I had many late night discussions, and he would always walk outside the porch and pee, as we continued our conversations - and, following his lead, I did the same. I discovered that during the daytime, he did much the same thing. I assume he only used the toilet for bowel movements, and did all of his peeing outside.

I really need to get that privacy fence built, now that I am stuck back in the States. However ... I did happen to notice that a lot of men, even in these parts, pee rather casually outdoors, so maybe there's no need for the fence (for that, at least!).

Oh ... and buses and such ... always stand ... except that on the trains in Thailand they have squat toilets ... and handholds for balance!

I have a condition the doctor called vaso-vagal syncopy (sp?). It's a condition where when you pee your blood flow gets cut off somewhat to your brain and can cause you to pass out. I passed out a few times a couple years back and that's what they determined it to be. I don't sit down to pee but I always use a stall in public bathrooms so I can brace myself against the wall. I don't pass out every time I pee but there is a danger of it happening. Although, every time I pee I do get a little dizzy. It's nothing bad just annoying.

• 10 months later...
Sometimes I have and innie which means it's not easy to pee standing up, to say the least! But then again, with an innie, it's not that easy to pee sitting down! Luckily, usually a couple of tugs and it's its back to holding size!

I'm right there with ya. Why don't they install urinals in homes? They are far easier to hit, even with an "innie".