Looking at Teenage Boys

alan51

I am a man in my mid 50's and would say that I am pretty much gay, for sure. This probably is not that unusual, but would like feedback. In recent months I really find myself watching young boys. I'm not about to go start anything with them, but find myself really looking at the bodies of young guys. I was in China last month and was nearly drooling over some young guys I met on the train and when I came back here, I was in church last week, and could not keep my eyes off one kid of about 16 - medium built body, dark blond hair, who I think is really hot. Am I being a dirty old man or just displaying a natural interest without doing anything improper?

Am I being a dirty old man or just displaying a natural interest without doing anything improper?

Just because you're on a diet, doesn't mean you can't look at the menu... could be a just a curiosity, thinking back to one's own teen years. HOWEVER, I'd sure not make any kind of move to see/explore those teens you observe! I agree with Josh, don't even think of crossing the line of propriety/legality!

Alan, I can relate. I am almost 53, married and going through the same thing. I think I am reaching a stage in my life when I realize there are more years behind than there are ahead. Enjoying the vigour of the emerging men helps remember what it's like to be starting the journey to maturity. It's also likely envy that I can't do things over again; regret at what I have and haven't done and curiosity to see what's going on in their bodies. Keep it a fantasy and all will be well. :)

Thanks, TK1. You expressed that very well. I certainly realize one would not want to fool around with minors - potential disaster ( although a friend my age had sex with a 16 year old male at one point, with apparently no repercussions ) but your points about watching emerging manhood and the things I have missed ( and also not missed ) hits home.

You don't seem to understand: before a young man reaches the age of 18 he is of no sexual interest whatsoever, he is just as sexy as a sack of potatoes. But then, at the stroke of midnight on their 18th birthdays they suddenly transform themselves into little sexpots who you can now have sex with or buy DVDs of them sodomizing each other. I once asked a women at what age do guys become sexually interesting to their sex. She said 16! That woman should be locked up.

Keep the comments cumming. I appreciate it. I trust I have made it clear I'm not about to do something inappropriate or illegal - I'm talking about looking at young guys' bodies and wondering what they look like unclothed. Yes, millhouse - that has occurred to me - once they turn 18 it is no longer taboo and they are suddenly sexy! I saw the sexy 16 year old today in church - we both said hi - that is as far as that needs to go!

Just like my suddenly taking notice of the high school senior chearleaders and freshmen university "girls" in provocative clothes, I guess guys take on that same healthy and sexually ready look in their form too.

I go by that old 1620-21 rule. 16 year olds will get you 20 years in jail. Better find one that's 21.

Just a note: have dropped my avatar, because I got a message from a guy who identified himself as a 16 yo! He had questions about my pic there, but sure never had any comments/questions from a 16yo! Short reply to him: "Please don't message me. I'm not interested in anybody under 21. Thanks for being honest about your age." HEY! how can a 16 yo get in here? Maybe off topic, but I think it's important!

HEY! how can a 16 yo get in here? Maybe off topic, but I think it's important!

I don't want to answer that question in a public forum. Suffice it to say, it can be done. That's why we restrict naked pics to the Photo Gallery where access requires a credit card payment which is accepted as age verification by the U.S. government.

I should add that when we learn that a site member has revealed himself to be under 18 years old, we delete his account and email him advising him that he must not re-register until he's 18. Until then he can read (but not post to) a limited number of our forums which can be viewed without logging in.

Alan G

• 3 weeks later...

I am a 37 year old married man and father. I can sympathize because the older I get, the further to the right my Klein sexual orientation score moves. When I was 18, I was squarely a 4 being equally heterosexual and homosexual. 17 years later, i'm a 6. By the time I reach 40-45, I figure I'll be a solid 7 which is completely homosexual. Looking at other men when I am running around town is getting harder to hide. I definately realize that I am going to have to make some decisions regarding the future.

You guys are welcome to look at what you want, but to actually try to make sexual overtures at boys under 18 is wrong and unfair to these kids.

I am straight, so obviously I have no attraction to teenage boys, but I have noticed sexy high-school aged girls around town. I can look at them and find them appealing, but I would never even consider trying to make a move - and not just because of the potential jail time.

• 4 years later...

I for one appreciate your wit/sarcasm, behind it are some really great points. People need to stop being so judgmental about another posters honesty about just where their eyes go for goodness sakes. And you are right the age of consent varies from state to state and place to place and the arbitrary age of consent has nothing to doing with just looking nor with feeling sexual, a young man two days away from his 18th birthday does not radically change in any real biological way, and that is an interesting valid point to make especially through wit/sarcasm.

I appreciated older guys admiring, looking and not being shy around me when I was 16, young men can feel very insecure and some attention and male bonding is nice whether it be a simple conversation by a guy not being shy at a gym or other such experiences it can make a young man feel a little bit less alone in being a male. And it wasn't so long ago that I was a young teen and I know first hand that positive attention from older males who were not afraid to be real men around me literally helped probably save my life and mold me into a better young man even now.