unsatisfactory relationship

Im in a relationship for over 6 years. Everything is fine but I found out that my boyfried was bottom before we were together. The moment he saw my 4 inch dick he said he is top and this was okay for me, because I didnt know what he was. I think he just said this to me because my dick is so small. The sex was the first years good but then I realised that he is not happy at all. I asked him if I should be top, but he just said that would not work for him, so I asked if we should use toys and he said that this is not so satisfying.

I dont know what to do because I cant give him what he want. I also asked a gay buddy of him and he said they talked and my bf miss the feeling of being fucked.

Everything is fine in our relationship what should I do or try to make it better? No sex is no option.

Someone had/has the same situation?

Strangely I am sorta seeing a guy.  He admits he is a total size queen, however.  Since I am not the size he likes I asked him about this.   We spend hours together: TV, kayaking, coffee, socializing and we have "great" sex as he says.  His perspective, we make love, with the larger guys its just sex.
Or we have used larger toys and then have anal....he says 2 different needs are fulfilled.....a large size and a compassionate partner.
Make sense?

@jms1 Oh yes, my "needs" are met ( I don't use the word need, it's mutual enjoyable funtime)   Although I prefer BJ, I also enjoy fucking him (pardon the bluntness).    Even though I am not his "preferred" size, he likes to be fucked at some point BUT it's not mandatory.  So its a bit of: 
oral,
some manual stimulation,
possible toys but not always, and
plain old dick in ass.
One or more of the above.
Variety is the spice of life.  I might even get an extension and give him 8*6  LOL

Preferred:  warm raisin pie with vanilla ice cream.  Will not turn down apple pie or strawberry cheese cake.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hung like a chipmunk. Many of the women I've slept with have probably been unsatisfied with my size but for some reason have stuck around. I've always felt I made up for my shortcomings in other ways. If not, it's time to move on.

Speaking of moving on, canuck45 mentions he goes kayaking. Is that like "It's not the size of the boat but the motion in the ocean"? I'd give that a try. Speaking of boats, I was in the Navy. I had a gay friend who used to sing a song to me whenever we showered together at the gym. It went something like "You've got the cutest little dinghy in the Navy." 

@TinyJock I was a sophomore in college when I enlisted in the Navy Reserve. I was assigned to a Gold Crew out of Chicago, where I was going to school. These were experienced men, it was 1971 and there were a few who had fought in WWII, and several Korea vets, plus Vietnam vets. I was scheduled to attend OCS in Newport the next summer. One weekend a quarter, our crew would fly to Jamestown, RI to man the USS Harlan R Dickson, DD708, a Sumner class from WWII. Because my older brother was a Navy Chief, I was not totally unfamiliar with Navy lore, etc. A kindly QM1 named Willie took me under his wing, told me to strike for Quartermaster, “everything you learn will be applicable when you are a bridge officer”, he was right about that.

So we flew on a dilapidate DC3 out of Glenview NAS around 7:00 PM on a Friday night, by the time we got to the Harlan R, it was near midnight and we wearily boarded the ship. Willie showed me to my rack, and said, “After lights out, no matter what, do not go forward of this bulkhead,” he said. “Why is that Willie?” “Just listen to me, don’t get out of your rack and don’t go forward of that bulkhead. Tell me you understand.”

I told Willie I understood. I got into my rack, kind of excited to be shipboard for the first time. Lights out was called. Forward of the bulkhead Willie warned me about, I heard moans, grunts, and exclamations. After an hour or so, it died down I finally got to sleep.

I figured it out. There was a considerable gay contingent on the crew, mostly married men who used their deployments for horsing around, as we liked to say. It was like a bath house with, ah five-inch guns, maybe some bigger.

The two-week deployments to the tropics during the winter were basically sex cruises with Navy chow (Cookie owned a restaurant in the Chicago suburbs, so the food was good).

I could never figure out who the gays were, well more accurately bi since most if not all were married men, I decided I did not care. These guys were veterans who knew their jobs and did them well.

Edited by Nillywilly