Duke Blade

Happy or Jealous? Your son is better hung than you.

On 9/3/2019 at 1:18 PM, Triasco9.5 said:

@JamesD I'd actually challenge the notion that the reaction was instinctual (probably because I'm a sociology major). Typically when I've seen or heard of kids "saying the darndest things" or committing some type of social faux paus, it's due to a lack of social education or a specific lesson taught by those around them. 

Modern instinct phobia.  Everything is social construction.  Ideology, not science.

Of course it would be "nice" to overlay primitive instincts with social training.

@JamesD It is a science; It's called Sociology. The study of people, groups, and societies. These things are social constructions, otherwise, there would be no reason for them to change across time and space. That's why cultures changes.  It might be easier to accept human cruelty or stupidity as simply an irrefutable matter of instinct, but it makes more sense to me that we reify constructions with the power of instinct (or whatever driving force you believe in) and then refuse to acknowledge just how flimsy our reasoning for it is. Sociology does not fear instinct. On the contrary, the debate of "nature vs. nurture" has since been resolved with the realization that they are not mutually exclusive, nor can they be. 

@Triasco9.5  You got me with the verb "reify."  To the best of my recollection I have never before heard or seen that word.  I had to look it up.  On the assumption that I'm not the only one who is unfamiliar with the word, here's what I found.

reify: verb transitive
   to consider or represent (something abstract) as a material or concrete thing
   to give definite content and form to (a concept or idea)

Even at the age of 75, I can always learn something new.

23 hours ago, Triasco9.5 said:

@JamesD It is a science; It's called Sociology. The study of people, groups, and societies. These things are social constructions, otherwise, there would be no reason for them to change across time and space. That's why cultures changes.  It might be easier to accept human cruelty or stupidity as simply an irrefutable matter of instinct, but it makes more sense to me that we reify constructions with the power of instinct (or whatever driving force you believe in) and then refuse to acknowledge just how flimsy our reasoning for it is. Sociology does not fear instinct. On the contrary, the debate of "nature vs. nurture" has since been resolved with the realization that they are not mutually exclusive, nor can they be. 

Irrelevant answer.  I didn't say nor imply that there is "no social construction."  Nor did I say social construction is impossible for the purpose of moderating primitive instincts. 

Modern instinct phobia is real however and goes back to Rousseauian "noble Savage" nonsense and Marxian "New Man" dreams.  Explains the anger, rage and intolerance of the Left.

Basically reification means "make real."  

Edited by Guest

Awareness and reaction to status in hierarchy along the various variables is instinctual if nothing else is though a socially constructed veneer over it is possible and has positive aspects.

My husband and I decided to have a kid 10 years ago. My husband is taller than me (im 6'4" he is 6'7") and also much larger down there. His6" soft (8" hard) penis put my little micro to shame. When we were discussing having kids we agreed to mix it up and let nature decide who would be the biological father. Our son Sebastian was born in 2010. It was obvious that Rudy, my husband, was the bio dad. Sebastian is now almost 8 and I am happy he inherited his dad's size. It was only awkward once when we went to a local pool and showered after. Sebastian looked confused when he saw my innie and asked what happened to it in front of other dads and my husband. I was mortified. 

Yeah, it's a problem.

Of course, you should be happy for well-hung young relatives.  Being or expressing jealousy would be way out of bounds.

The problem is that a well hung kid often will have an instinctive and peer generated disrespect that interferes with any mentoring that might otherwise be appropriate.

Edited by Guest

@dallasman I think that it's certainly normal to think about the size of your son if you're self conscious of your own penis and wonder if your son will also be smaller.  But I find many of these posts rather distasteful in the length at which they go to describe their son's genitalia.  It borders on creepy and arousal based and I think not the thing that should be encouraged on a board

@THREEPOINT5 I hope you don't consider me part of the distasteful aspect of these accounts of overly descriptive narratives. I purposefuly kept my descriptions to a need-to-know basis. I apologize if anyone thinks it was vulgar. My intent was only to show the happenstance of our biological differences in the conception and later developments of our son, who thankfully, inherited his larger father's genetics. I think most of us know the self-imposition that having a smaller penis causes. I was trying to illustrate my gratitude to nature: that my son won't have the same self-doubt that, I, a man with a small penis, have dealt with all my life. I am happy that his penis, more than likely (can't say for certain), won't inhibit him the same way my lack of endowment has. 

@dallasman I think you sentiment is understandable and noble, but that self doubt can manifest in so many ways.  I'm sure everyone  here is aware, but a large cock (or any trait society considers desirable) isn't always a vaccine against doubt or depression. Only a healthy mind and perspective can do that. 

If I had a son, which I don't,  I wouldn't be jealous that he is bigger than me, most guys are, I would be happy that he is in good health, all parts are where there supposed to be and he has a nice looking penis. Other than that he would be born the way he was supposed to be and it is what it is

On 7/25/2020 at 5:37 AM, dallasman said:

My husband and I decided to have a kid 10 years ago. My husband is taller than me (im 6'4" he is 6'7") and also much larger down there. His6" soft (8" hard) penis put my little micro to shame. When we were discussing having kids we agreed to mix it up and let nature decide who would be the biological father. Our son Sebastian was born in 2010. It was obvious that Rudy, my husband, was the bio dad. Sebastian is now almost 8 and I am happy he inherited his dad's size. It was only awkward once when we went to a local pool and showered after. Sebastian looked confused when he saw my innie and asked what happened to it in front of other dads and my husband. I was mortified. 

This sounds interesting.  Do you explain how you arranged this birth somewhere?  Here?